Teacher salaries in Latin America: A review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edwards, Alejandra Cox, 1989. "Understanding differences in wages relative to income per capita: The case of teachers' salaries," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 197-203, April.
- Komenan, A. G. & Grootaert, C., 1990. "Pay differences between teachers and other occupations: Some empirical evidence from cote d'ivoire," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 209-217, September.
- Birdsall, Nancy & Fox, M Louise, 1985. "Why Males Earn More: Location and Training of Brazilian Schoolteachers," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(3), pages 533-556, April.
- Zymelman, M. & Destefano, J., 1989. "Primary School Teachers' Salaries In Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank - Discussion Papers 45, World Bank.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Valenzuela, Jorge & Arends, Mary, 1993. "Teachers'salaries in Latin America : a comparative analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1086, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudia Piras & William D. Savedoff, 1998. "How Much do Teachers Earn?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6078, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Hugo Díaz, 2000. "La carrera de maestros: Factores institucionales, incentivos económicos y desempeño," Research Department Publications 3109, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Lopez-Acevedo, Gladys, 2002. "Teachers'incentives and professional development in schools in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2777, The World Bank.
- David Bravo & Bárbara Flores & Patricia Medrano, 2010. "¿Se premia la habilidad en el mercado laboral docente? ¿Cuánto impacta en el desempeño de los estudiantes?," Working Papers wp327, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2001.
"La legislación laboral y el mercado del trabajo en Chile: 1975-2000,"
Documentos de Trabajo
114, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2002. "La legislación laboral y el mercado del trabajo en Chile: 1975-2000," Documentos de Trabajo 116, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Hoenack, Stephen A., 1996. "The economics of education in developing countries: An assessment of the state of the art," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 327-338, October.
- Alejandra Mizala & Hugo Ñopo, 2014. "Measuring the Relative Pay of Latin American School Teachers at the turn of the 20th Century," Working Papers 2014-15, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Claudia Piras & William D. Savedoff, 1998. "¿Cuánto ganan los docentes?," Research Department Publications 4123, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Acevedo, Gladys Lopez, 2004. "Professional development and incentives for teacher performance in schools in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3236, The World Bank.
- Bales, Sarah & Rama, Martin, 2001. "Are public sector workers underpaid? - Appropriate comparators in a developing country," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2747, The World Bank.
- Omer Moav, 2005. "Cheap Children and the Persistence of Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 88-110, January.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2004. "Teachers’ Salary Structure and Incentives in Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 193, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Asadullah, Mohammad Niaz, 2006. "Pay differences between teachers and other occupations: Some empirical evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 1044-1065, December.
- Emiliana Vegas & Ilana Umansky, 2005. "Improving Teaching and Learning through Effective Incentives : What Can We Learn from Education Reforms in Latin America?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8694, The World Bank.
- Lopez-Acevedo & Gladys, 2004. "Teachers'salaries and professional profile in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3394, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2005. "Central America : Education Strategy Paper," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8397, The World Bank.
- Mizala, Alejandra & Ñopo, Hugo, 2016. "Measuring the relative pay of school teachers in Latin America 1997–2007," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 20-32.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:15:y:1996:i:4:p:401-406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.