Age, tasks and skills in European labour markets. Background paper for the world bank report “Growing United: Upgrading Europe’s Convergence Machine”
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gimpelson, Vladimir & Kapeliushnikov, Rostislav, 2016.
"Polarization or upgrading? Evolution of employment in transitional Russia,"
Russian Journal of Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 192-218.
- V. Gimpelson & R. Kapeliushnikov., 2015. "Polarization or Upgrading? Evolution of Employment in Transitional Russia," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 7.
- Gimpelson, Vladimir & Kapeliushnikov, Rostislav, 2014. "Polarization or Upgrading? Evolution of Employment in Transitionary Russia," IZA Discussion Papers 8688, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Omar S. Arias & Carolina Sánchez-Páramo & María E. Dávalos & Indhira Santos & Erwin R. Tiongson & Carola Gruen & Natasha de Andrade Falcão & Gady Saiovici & Cesar A. Cancho, 2014. "Back to Work : Growing with Jobs in Europe and Central Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 16570, December.
- Hummels, David & Munch, Jakob R. & Xiang, Chong, 2016. "Offshoring and Labor Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 9741, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2003.
"The skill content of recent technological change: an empirical exploration,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2003. "The Skill Content of Recent Technological Change: An Empirical Exploration," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1279-1333.
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2001. "The Skill Content of Recent Technological Change: An Empirical Exploration," NBER Working Papers 8337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wojciech Hardy & Roma Keister & Piotr Lewandowski, 2016.
"Do entrants take it all? The evolution of task content of jobs in Poland,"
Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 47.
- Wojciech Hardy & Roma Keister & Piotr Lewandowski, 2015. "Do entrants take it all? The evolution of task content of jobs in Poland," IBS Working Papers 10/2015, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych.
- Maarten Goos & Alan Manning & Anna Salomons, 2014.
"Explaining Job Polarization: Routine-Biased Technological Change and Offshoring,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(8), pages 2509-2526, August.
- Goos, Maarten & Manning, Alan & Salomons, Anna, 2014. "Explaining job polarization: routine-biased technological change and offshoring," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59698, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oesch, Daniel, 2013. "Occupational Change in Europe: How Technology and Education Transform the Job Structure," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199680962.
- Alexandra Spitz-Oener, 2006. "Technical Change, Job Tasks, and Rising Educational Demands: Looking outside the Wage Structure," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 235-270, April.
- repec:spr:jlabrs:v:52:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s12651-018-0242-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:etrans:v:26:y:2018:i:2:p:201-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dicarlo, Emanuele & Lo Bello, Salvatore & Monroy-Taborda, Sebastian & Oviedo, Ana Maria & Sanchez Puerta, Maria Laura & Santos, Indhira, 2016. "The Skill Content of Occupations across Low and Middle Income Countries: Evidence from Harmonized Data," IZA Discussion Papers 10224, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrea Salvatori, 2018. "The anatomy of job polarisation in the UK," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 52(1), pages 1-15, December.
More about this item
Keywordstask content of jobs; routinisation; ageing; occupational change; skills; O*NET; PIAAC;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibt:report:rr042017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IBS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibswapl.html .