Preferred vs Actual Working Hours in Couple Households
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shulamit B. Kahn & Kevin Lang, 1995. "The Causes of Hours Constraints: Evidence from Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4a), pages 914-928, November.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1981. "Agency, Earnings Profiles, Productivity, and Hours Restrictions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 606-620.
- Shulamit Kahn & Kevin Lang, 1992. "Constraints on the Choice of Work Hours: Agency Versus Specific-Capital," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(4), pages 661-678.
- Stewart, Mark B & Swaffield, Joanna K, 1997.
"Constraints on the Desired Hours of Work of British Men,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 520-535, March.
- Stewart, M.B. & Swaffield, J.K., 1996. "Constraints on the Desired Hours of Work of British Men," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 468, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Mark Wooden & Simon Freidin & Nicole Watson, 2002. "The Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA)Survey: Wave 1," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 35(3), pages 339-348.
- Euwals, Rob & van Soest, Arthur, 1999.
"Desired and actual labour supply of unmarried men and women in the Netherlands,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 95-118, March.
- Euwals, R.W. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1996. "Desired and Actual Labour Supply of Unmarried Men and Women in the Netherlands," Discussion Paper 1996-23, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Shulamit Kahn & Kevin Lang, 1987. "Constraints on the Choice of Work Hours: Agency vs. Specific-Capital," NBER Working Papers 2238, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Denise J. Doiron, 2003. "Is Under-Employment due to Labour Hoarding? Evidence from the Australian Workplace Industrial Relations Survey," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 306-323, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bonke, Jens & Schultz-Nielsen, Marie Louise, 2014. "Do Preferences Impact Behavior and Wellbeing? A Panel Study of Preferred and Actual Working Time 2001-2008/09," IZA Discussion Papers 8356, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Drago & Mark Wooden & David Black, 2009.
"Long Work Hours: Volunteers and Conscripts,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations,
London School of Economics, vol. 47(3), pages 571-600, September.
- Drago, Robert & Wooden, Mark & Black, David, 2006. "Long Work Hours: Volunteers and Conscripts," IZA Discussion Papers 2484, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Drago & Mark Wooden & David Black, 2006. "Long Work Hours: Volunteers and Conscripts," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2006n27, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Francesco Carbonero & Christian Offermanns & Enzo Weber, 2017.
"The Trend in Labour Income Share: the Role of Technological Change and Imperfect Labour Markets,"
173, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Weber, Enzo & Zimmert, Franziska, 2017. "The creation and resolution of working hour discrepancies over the life course," IAB Discussion Paper 201729, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Keith A. Bender & John Douglas Satun, 2009. "Constrained By Hours And Restricted In Wages: The Quality Of Matches In The Labor Market," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(3), pages 512-529, July.
- Robert Drago & David Black & Mark Wooden, 2006.
"Who Wants Flexibility? Changing Work Hours Preferences and Life Events,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2006n19, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Drago, Robert & Wooden, Mark & Black, David, 2006. "Who Wants Flexibility? Changing Work Hours Preferences and Life Events," IZA Discussion Papers 2404, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joanna Abhayaratna & Ralph Lattimore, 2007. "Workforce Participation Rates - How Does Australia Compare?," Staff Working Papers 0701, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iae:iaewps:wp2005n07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Abbey Treloar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mimelau.html .