Functional Principal Component Analysis for Derivatives of Multivariate Curves
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruno Feunou & RomÃ©o TÃ©dongap, 2012.
"A Stochastic Volatility Model With Conditional Skewness,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 576-591, July.
- Bruno Feunou & Roméo Tedongap, 2011. "A Stochastic Volatility Model with Conditional Skewness," Staff Working Papers 11-20, Bank of Canada.
- Maria Grith & Wolfgang Karl HÃ¤rdle & Melanie Schienle, 2010. "Nonparametric Estimation of Risk-Neutral Densities," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2010-021, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Rama Cont & Jose da Fonseca, 2002. "Dynamics of implied volatility surfaces," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 45-60.
- Cardot, Hervé & Ferraty, Frédéric & Sarda, Pascal, 1999. "Functional linear model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 11-22, October.
- Liu, Bitao & MÃ¼ller, Hans-Georg, 2009. "Estimating Derivatives for Samples of Sparsely Observed Functions, With Application to Online Auction Dynamics," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(486), pages 704-717.
- Piotr Majer & Peter N. C. Mohr & Hauke R. Heekeren & Wolfgang K. Härdle, 2016.
"Portfolio Decisions and Brain Reactions via the CEAD method,"
Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 81(3), pages 881-903, September.
- Piotr Majer & Peter Mohr & Hauke Heekeren & Wolfgang Karl HÃ¤rdle, 2014. "Portfolio Decisions and Brain Reactions via the CEAD method," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2014-036, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Seung C. Ahn & Alex R. Horenstein, 2013. "Eigenvalue Ratio Test for the Number of Factors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 81(3), pages 1203-1227, May.
- Maria Grith & Wolfgang Härdle & Juhyun Park, 2009. "Shape invariant modelling pricing kernels and risk aversion," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-041, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Bhupinder Bahra, 1997. "Implied risk-neutral probability density functions from option prices: theory and application," Bank of England working papers 66, Bank of England.
- Nicolas P. B. Bollen & Robert E. Whaley, 2004. "Does Net Buying Pressure Affect the Shape of Implied Volatility Functions?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 711-753, April.
- Bliss, Robert R. & Panigirtzoglou, Nikolaos, 2002. "Testing the stability of implied probability density functions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 381-422, March.
- Weron, Rafał, 2002.
"Estimating long-range dependence: finite sample properties and confidence intervals,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 312(1), pages 285-299.
- Rafal Weron, 2001. "Estimating long range dependence: finite sample properties and confidence intervals," HSC Research Reports HSC/01/03, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Jianqing Fan & Theo Gasser & Irène Gijbels & Michael Brockmann & Joachim Engel, 1997. "Local Polynomial Regression: Optimal Kernels and Asymptotic Minimax Efficiency," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 49(1), pages 79-99, March.
- Philippe Besse & J. Ramsay, 1986. "Principal components analysis of sampled functions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 285-311, June.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten, 1999. "Option Implied Risk-Neutral Distributions and Implied Binomial Trees: A Literature Review," MPRA Paper 11634, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Park, Yang-Ho, 2015. "Volatility-of-volatility and tail risk hedging returns," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 38-63.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan & Yeh, Chung-Ying, 2010. "Jump and volatility risk premiums implied by VIX," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2232-2244, November.
- Axel Munk & Nicolai Bissantz & Thorsten Wagner & Gudrun Freitag, 2005. "On difference-based variance estimation in nonparametric regression when the covariate is high dimensional," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(1), pages 19-41.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kneip A. & Utikal K. J, 2001. "Inference for Density Families Using Functional Principal Component Analysis," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 519-542, June.
- Maria Grith & Wolfgang Härdle & Juhyun Park, 2013. "Shape Invariant Modeling of Pricing Kernels and Risk Aversion," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 11(2), pages 370-399, March.
- Peter Hall & Mohammad Hosseini-Nasab, 2006. "On properties of functional principal components analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(1), pages 109-126.
- Wolfgang Härdle & Brenda López Cabrera, 2009. "Implied Market Price of Weather Risk," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-001, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Banz, Rolf W & Miller, Merton H, 1978. "Prices for State-contingent Claims: Some Estimates and Applications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 653-672, October.
- Alena Bömmel & Song Song & Piotr Majer & Peter Mohr & Hauke Heekeren & Wolfgang Härdle, 2014. "Risk Patterns and Correlated Brain Activities. Multidimensional Statistical Analysis of fMRI Data in Economic Decision Making Study," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 79(3), pages 489-514, July.
- Jingping Gu & Qi Li & Jui-Chung Yang, 2015. "Multivariate Local Polynomial Kernel Estimators: Leading Bias and Asymptotic Distribution," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6-10), pages 979-1010, December.
More about this item
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2016-09-11 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ORE-2016-09-11 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2016-033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sohubde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.