Local Polynomial Regression: Optimal Kernels and Asymptotic Minimax Efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lin X. & Carroll R. J., 2001. "Semiparametric Regression for Clustered Data Using Generalized Estimating Equations," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1045-1056, September.
- X. Lin & D. Zhang, 1999. "Inference in generalized additive mixed modelsby using smoothing splines," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(2), pages 381-400.
- Ke C. & Wang Y., 2001. "Semiparametric Nonlinear Mixed-Effects Models and Their Applications," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1272-1298, December.
- Pollard, David, 1991. "Asymptotics for Least Absolute Deviation Regression Estimators," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 186-199, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorn, Sabrina & Egger, Peter, 2015.
"On the distribution of exchange rate regime treatment effects on international trade,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 75-94.
- Dorn, Sabrina & Egger, Peter, 2011. "On the Distribution of Exchange Rate Regime Treatment Effects on International Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 8654, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dorn, Sabrina & Egger, Peter, 2012. "On the Distribution of Exchange Rate Regime Treatment Effects on International Trade," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62054, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Frölich, Markus & Puhani, Patrick A., 2002. "Immigration and Heterogeneous Labor in Western Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 418, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- J. Vilar-Fernández & J. Vilar-Fernández, 1998. "Recursive Estimation of Regression Functions by Local Polynomial Fitting," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 50(4), pages 729-754, December.
- Timothy B. Armstrong & Michal Kolesár, 2016. "Simple and Honest Confidence Intervals in Nonparametric Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2044, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fröhlich, Markus & Puhani, Patrick A, 2002.
"Immigration and Heterogeneous Labour in Western Germany: A Labour Market Classification Based on Nonparametric Estimation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3158, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Puhani, Patrick A. & Frölich, Markus, 2002. "Immigration and Heterogeneous Labor in Western Germany: A Labor Market Classification Based on Nonparametric Estimation," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2015. "The Evolution of Scale Economies in U.S. Banking," Working Papers 2015-21, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 01 Feb 2017.
- Maria Grith & Wolfgang K. Härdle & Alois Kneip & Heiko Wagner, 2016. "Functional Principal Component Analysis for Derivatives of Multivariate Curves," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2016-033, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Lin, Lu & Song, Yunquan & Liu, Zhao, 2014. "Local linear–additive estimation for multiple nonparametric regressions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 252-269.
- Paul W. Wilson & Kathleen Carey, 2004. "Nonparametric analysis of returns to scale in the US hospital industry," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 505-524.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2009. "Are U.S. banks too large?," Working Papers 2009-054, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jose C. Galdo & Jeffrey Smith & Dan Black, 2008.
"Bandwidth Selection and the Estimation of Treatment Effects with Unbalanced Data,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 91-92, pages 189-216.
- Galdo, Jose C. & Smith, Jeffrey A. & Black, Dan A., 2007. "Bandwidth Selection and the Estimation of Treatment Effects with Unbalanced Data," IZA Discussion Papers 3095, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tomas, Julien & Planchet, Frédéric, 2013. "Multidimensional smoothing by adaptive local kernel-weighted log-likelihood: Application to long-term care insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 573-589.
- Lisi, Francesco & Nan, Fany, 2014. "Component estimation for electricity prices: Procedures and comparisons," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 143-159.
- Juhyun Park & Burkhardt Seifert, 2010. "Local additive estimation," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(2), pages 171-191.
- Tian, Xu & Yu, Xiaohua, 2015. "Using semiparametric models to study nutrition improvement and dietary change with different indices: The case of China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 67-81.
More about this item
KeywordsCurve estimation; local polynomials; minimax efficiency; minimax risk; multivariate curve estimation; nonparametric regression; universal optimal weighting scheme;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:aistmt:v:49:y:1997:i:1:p:79-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .