Local Polynomial Regression: Optimal Kernels and Asymptotic Minimax Efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorn, Sabrina & Egger, Peter, 2015.
"On the distribution of exchange rate regime treatment effects on international trade,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 75-94.
- Dorn, Sabrina & Egger, Peter, 2011. "On the Distribution of Exchange Rate Regime Treatment Effects on International Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 8654, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dorn, Sabrina & Egger, Peter, 2012. "On the Distribution of Exchange Rate Regime Treatment Effects on International Trade," VfS Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62054, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Frölich, Markus & Puhani, Patrick A., 2002. "Immigration and Heterogeneous Labor in Western Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 418, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- J. Vilar-Fernández & J. Vilar-Fernández, 1998. "Recursive Estimation of Regression Functions by Local Polynomial Fitting," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 50(4), pages 729-754, December.
- Timothy B. Armstrong & Michal Kolesár, 2016. "Simple and Honest Confidence Intervals in Nonparametric Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2044, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fröhlich, Markus & Puhani, Patrick A, 2002.
"Immigration and Heterogeneous Labour in Western Germany: A Labour Market Classification Based on Nonparametric Estimation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3158, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Puhani, Patrick A. & Frölich, Markus, 2002. "Immigration and Heterogeneous Labor in Western Germany: A Labor Market Classification Based on Nonparametric Estimation," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-01, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Wenzhuan Zhang & Yingcun Xia, 2012. "Twicing local linear kernel regression smoothers," Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 399-417.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2018. "The evolution of scale economies in US banking," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(1), pages 16-28, January.
- Maria Grith & Wolfgang K. Härdle & Alois Kneip & Heiko Wagner, 2016. "Functional Principal Component Analysis for Derivatives of Multivariate Curves," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2016-033, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Lin, Lu & Song, Yunquan & Liu, Zhao, 2014. "Local linear–additive estimation for multiple nonparametric regressions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 252-269.
- Gao, Wayne Yuan, 2018. "Minimax linear estimation at a boundary point," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 262-269.
- Paul W. Wilson & Kathleen Carey, 2004. "Nonparametric analysis of returns to scale in the US hospital industry," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 505-524.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2009. "Are U.S. banks too large?," Working Papers 2009-054, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jose C. Galdo & Jeffrey Smith & Dan Black, 2008.
"Bandwidth Selection and the Estimation of Treatment Effects with Unbalanced Data,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 91-92, pages 189-216.
- Galdo, Jose C. & Smith, Jeffrey A. & Black, Dan A., 2007. "Bandwidth Selection and the Estimation of Treatment Effects with Unbalanced Data," IZA Discussion Papers 3095, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tomas, Julien & Planchet, Frédéric, 2013. "Multidimensional smoothing by adaptive local kernel-weighted log-likelihood: Application to long-term care insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 573-589.
- Lisi, Francesco & Nan, Fany, 2014. "Component estimation for electricity prices: Procedures and comparisons," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 143-159.
- Juhyun Park & Burkhardt Seifert, 2010. "Local additive estimation," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(2), pages 171-191, March.
- Tian, Xu & Yu, Xiaohua, 2015. "Using semiparametric models to study nutrition improvement and dietary change with different indices: The case of China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 67-81.
More about this item
KeywordsCurve estimation; local polynomials; minimax efficiency; minimax risk; multivariate curve estimation; nonparametric regression; universal optimal weighting scheme;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:aistmt:v:49:y:1997:i:1:p:79-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.