Multidimensional smoothing by adaptive local kernel-weighted log-likelihood: Application to long-term care insurance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- I. D. Currie & M. Durban & P. H. C. Eilers, 2006. "Generalized linear array models with applications to multidimensional smoothing," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(2), pages 259-280.
- Denis Kessler, 2008. "The Long-Term Care Insurance Market," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 33(1), pages 33-40, January.
- Helms, Florian & Czado, Claudia & Gschlößl, Susanne, 2005. "Calculation of LTC Premiums Based on Direct Estimates of Transition Probabilities," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 455-469, November.
- Jianqing Fan & Theo Gasser & Irène Gijbels & Michael Brockmann & Joachim Engel, 1997. "Local Polynomial Regression: Optimal Kernels and Asymptotic Minimax Efficiency," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 49(1), pages 79-99, March.
- Frédéric Planchet & Quentin Guibert & Marc Juillard, 2010. "Un cadre de référence pour un modèle interne partiel en assurance de personnes," Post-Print hal-00530864, HAL.
- Eilers, Paul H.C. & Currie, Iain D. & Durban, Maria, 2006. "Fast and compact smoothing on large multidimensional grids," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 61-76, January.
- repec:cai:popine:popu_p1999_54n2_0222 is not listed on IDEAS
- Felipe, A. & Guillen, M. & Perez-Marin, A. M., 2002. "Recent Mortality Trends in the Spanish Population," British Actuarial Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 757-786, October.
- Stefan Lang & Nikolaus Umlauf, 2010. "Applications of Multilevel Structured Additive Regression Models to Insurance Data," Working Papers 2010-01, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck, revised Jan 2010.
- Czado, Claudia & Rudolph, Florian, 2002. "Application of survival analysis methods to long-term care insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 395-413, December.
- Marie-Pascale Deléglise & Christian Hess & Sébastien Nouet, 2009. "Tarification, Provisionnement Et Pilotage D'Un Portefeuille Dépendance," Post-Print halshs-00653427, HAL.
- Frédéric Planchet & Pascal Winter, 2007. "L'utilisation des splines bidimensionnels pour l'estimation de lois de maintien en arrêt de travail," Post-Print hal-00443004, HAL.
- Gavin, John & Haberman, Steven & Verrall, Richard, 1993. "Moving weighted average graduation using kernel estimation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 113-126, April.
- Levantesi, Susanna & Menzietti, Massimiliano, 2012. "Managing longevity and disability risks in life annuities with long term care," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 391-401.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yahia Salhi & Pierre-Emmanuel Thérond, 2016. "Age-Specific Adjustment of Graduated Mortality," Working Papers hal-01391285, HAL.
- Yahia Salhi & Pierre-Emmanuel Thérond, 2018. "Age-Specific Adjustment of Graduated Mortality," Post-Print hal-01391285, HAL.
- Tomas, Julien & Planchet, Frédéric, 2015. "Prospective mortality tables: Taking heterogeneity into account," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 169-190.
More about this item
KeywordsAdaptive parameter choice; Local likelihood; p-splines; Long-term care insurance; Graduation; Choix adaptif des paramètres; Vraisemblance locale; p-splines; Assurance dépendance; Graduation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:52:y:2013:i:3:p:573-589. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.