Community-Based Development and Aggregate Shocks in Developing Countries: The Experience of an NGO in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yasuyuki Sawada, 2007.
"The impact of natural and manmade disasters on household welfare,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 59-73, December.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2006. "The Impact of Natural and Manmade Disasters on Household Welfare," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25750, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Phillip, Dayo & Mogues, Tewodaj & Pender, John & Kato, Edward, 2012.
"Impacts of Community-driven Development Programs on Income and Asset Acquisition in Africa: The Case of Nigeria,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1824-1838.
- Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Phillip, Dayo & Mogues, Tewodaj & Pender, John L. & Kato, Edward, 2009. "Impacts Of Community-Driven Development Programs On Income And Asset Acquisition In Africa: The Case Of Nigeria," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50537, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S., 2011. "Do community-driven development projects enhance social capital? Evidence from the Philippines," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 348-358, November.
- Yutaka Arimoto, 2012.
"PARTICIPATORY RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN 1930s JAPAN: THE ECONOMIC REHABILITATION MOVEMENT,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 50(2), pages 170-192, June.
- Arimoto, Yutaka, 2011. "Participatory Rural Development in 1930s Japan: The Economic Rehabilitation Movement," CEI Working Paper Series 2011-2, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Arimoto, Yutaka, 2011. "Participatory Rural Development in 1930s Japan: The Economic Rehabilitation Movement," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 14, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Katherine Casey & Rachel Glennerster & Edward Miguel, 2012.
"Reshaping Institutions: Evidence on Aid Impacts Using a Preanalysis Plan,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 127(4), pages 1755-1812.
- Katherine Casey & Rachel Glennerster & Edward Miguel, 2011. "Reshaping Institutions: Evidence on Aid Impacts Using a Pre-Analysis Plan," NBER Working Papers 17012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vijayendra Rao & Ana Maria Ibanez, 2005. "The Social Impact of Social Funds in Jamaica: A 'Participatory Econometric' Analysis of Targeting, Collective Action, and Participation in Community-Driven Development," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 788-838.
- Bardhan, Pranab & Mookherjee, Dilip, 2005. "Decentralizing antipoverty program delivery in developing countries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 675-704, April.
- Khan, Hidayat Ullah & Kurosaki, Takashi & Miura, Ken, 2011. "The Effectiveness of Community-Based Development in Poverty Reduction: A Descriptive Analysis of a Women-Managed NGO in Rural Pakistan," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 13, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Asim Ijaz Khwaja, 2004. "Is Increasing Community Participation Always a Good Thing?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 427-436, 04/05.
- Park, Albert & Wang, Sangui, 2010.
"Community-based development and poverty alleviation: An evaluation of China's poor village investment program,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(9-10), pages 790-799, October.
- Park, Albert & Wang, Sangui, 2010. "Community-based Development and Poverty Alleviation: An Evaluation of China’s Poor Village Investment Program," CEPR Discussion Papers 7856, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Takashi Kurosaki, 2005. "Determinants of Collective Action under Devolution Initiatives: The Case of Citizen Community Boards in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(3), pages 253-269.
- Khwaja, Asim Ijaz, 2009. "Can good projects succeed in bad communities?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 899-916, August.
- Khan, Hidayat Ullah & Kurosaki, Takashi & Miura, Ken, 2011. "The Effectiveness of Community-Based Development in Poverty Reduction : A Descriptive Analysis of a Women-Managed NGO in Rural Pakistan," CEI Working Paper Series 2011-4, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Marc F. Bellemare & Christopher B. Barrett & David R. Just, 2013. "The Welfare Impacts of Commodity Price Volatility: Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(4), pages 877-899.
- Anju Vajja & Howard White, 2008. "Can the World Bank Build Social Capital? The Experience of Social Funds in Malawi and Zambia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(8), pages 1145-1168.
More about this item
Keywordscommunity-based development; consumption smoothing; aggregate shocks; microfinance; Pakistan;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-04-18 (Development)
- NEP-MFD-2014-04-18 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:primdp:54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.