Household Vulnerability to Wild Animal Attacks in Developing Countries: Experimental Evidence from Rural Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shawn Cole & Xavier Gine & Jeremy Tobacman & Petia Topalova & Robert Townsend & James Vickery, 2013.
"Barriers to Household Risk Management: Evidence from India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 104-135, January.
- Shawn Cole & Xavier Giné & Jeremy Tobacman & Petia Topalova & Robert M. Townsend & James Vickery, 2009. "Barriers to household risk management: evidence from India," Staff Reports 373, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Robert M. Townsend & Shawn Cole & Jeremy Tobacman & Xavier Gine & James Ian Vickery & Petia Topalova, 2012. "Barriers to Household Risk Management; Evidence from India," IMF Working Papers 12/195, International Monetary Fund.
- Petia Topalova & Shawn Cole & Xavier Gene & Jeremy Tobacman & Robert Townsend & James Vickery, 2011. "Barriers to Household Risk Management: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:4293, eSocialSciences.
- Cole, Shawn & Gine, Xavier & Tobacman, Jeremy & Topalova, Petia & Townsend, Robert & Vickery, James, 2010. "Barriers to household risk management : evidence from India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5504, The World Bank.
- Yasuyuki Sawada, 2007.
"The impact of natural and manmade disasters on household welfare,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 59-73, December.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2006. "The Impact of Natural and Manmade Disasters on Household Welfare," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25750, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- S. Viswanathan & Adriano Rampini, 2013. "Household risk management," 2013 Meeting Papers 647, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kurosaki, Takashi & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2002.
"Insurance market efficiency and crop choices in Pakistan,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 419-453, April.
- Takashi Kurosaki & Marcel Fafchamps, 1997. "Insurance Market Efficiency and Crop Choices in Pakistan," Working Papers 97010, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Takashi Kurosaki, 2000. "Insurance Market Efficiency and Crop Choices in Pakistan," Economics Series Working Papers 12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Takashi Kurosaki & Marcel Fafchamps, 1998. "Insurance Market Efficiency and Crop Choices in Pakistan," Discussion Paper Series a358, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hans P. Binswanger-Mkhize, 2012. "Is There Too Much Hype about Index-based Agricultural Insurance?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 187-200, February.
- Deaton, Angus, 1992. "Understanding Consumption," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288244.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Development that Works: Where the wild beasts are (and attack randomly)
by Francisco MejÃa in Eval Central on 2013-04-26 16:00:22
- Los ataques aleatorios de las bestias
by Francisco Mejía in Hacia el desarrollo efectivo on 2013-04-26 15:59:23
More about this item
Keywordswild animal attack; agriculture; consumption; randomized controlled trial; Pakistan;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-04-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-04-20 (Development)
- NEP-EXP-2013-04-20 (Experimental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:primdp:37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .