Do community-driven development projects enhance social capital? Evidence from the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Lund, Susan, 2003.
"Risk-sharing networks in rural Philippines,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 261-287, August.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Susan Lund, "undated". "Risk Sharing Networks in Rural Philippines," Working Papers 97014, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Susan Lund, 2000. "Risk-Sharing Networks in Rural Philippines," Economics Series Working Papers 10, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2007.
"Monitoring Corruption: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 200-249.
- Benjamin Olken, 2005. "Monitoring corruption: Evidence from a field experiment in indonesia," Natural Field Experiments 00317, The Field Experiments Website.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2005. "Monitoring Corruption: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 11753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2008.
"Bootstrap-Based Improvements for Inference with Clustered Errors,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 414-427, August.
- Doug Miller & A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach, 2006. "Bootstrap-Based Improvements for Inference with Clustered Errors," Working Papers 621, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2007. "Bootstrap-Based Improvements for Inference with Clustered Errors," NBER Technical Working Papers 0344, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey R Kling & Jeffrey B Liebman & Lawrence F Katz, 2007. "Experimental Analysis of Neighborhood Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 83-119, January.
- Léandre BASSOLE & Jean-Louis ARCAND, 2006.
"Does Community Driven Development Work? Evidence from Senegal,"
- Jean-Louis Arcand & Léandre Bassole, 2011. "Does Community Driven Development Work? Evidence from Senegal," Working Papers halshs-00564574, HAL.
- Prokopy, Linda Stalker, 2005. "The relationship between participation and project outcomes: Evidence from rural water supply projects in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1801-1819, November.
- David McKenzie, 2005. "Measuring inequality with asset indicators," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 229-260, June.
- Todd, Petra E., 2008. "Evaluating Social Programs with Endogenous Program Placement and Selection of the Treated," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Alesina, Alberto & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2002. "Who trusts others?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 207-234, August.
- Barron, Patrick & Diprose, Rachael & Woolcock, Michael, 2007. "Local conflict and development projects in Indonesia : part of the problem or part of a solution ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4212, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emla Fitzsimons & Bansi Malde & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2016.
"Spillovers of Community-Based Health Interventions on Consumption Smoothing,"
Studies in Economics
1611, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Emla Fitzsimons & Bansi Malde & Marcos Vera-Hernandez, 2016. "Spillovers of community based health interventions on consumption smoothing," IFS Working Papers W16/18, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hickey, Gráinne & McGilloway, Sinead & O’Brien, Morgan & Leckey, Yvonne & Devlin, Maurice, 2015. "A theory-based evaluation of a community-based funding scheme in a disadvantaged suburban city area," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 61-69.
- Cieslik, Katarzyna, 2016. "Moral Economy Meets Social Enterprise Community-Based Green Energy Project in Rural Burundi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 12-26.
- Fédes Rijn & Ephraim Nkonya & Adewale Adekunle, 2015. "The impact of agricultural extension services on social capital: an application to the Sub-Saharan African Challenge Program in Lake Kivu region," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(4), pages 597-615, December.
- Khemani, Stuti, 2015. "Buying votes versus supplying public services: Political incentives to under-invest in pro-poor policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 84-93.
- Teresa Molina Millán & Karen Macours, 2017. "Attrition in randomized control trials: Using tracking information to correct bias," FEUNL Working Paper Series novaf:wp1702, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Abbie Turiansky, "undated". "Collective Action in Games as in Life: Experimental Evidence from Canal Cleaning in Haiti," Mathematica Policy Research Reports b4f3a3ef599b43c6a875d9380, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Junxue Jia & Cong Qin & Yongzheng Liu, 2017. "Do Community-Based Development Projects Alleviate Poverty? Evidence from Rural China," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1722, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Takayama, Taisuke & Nakatani, Tomoaki, 2015. "The Impact of Participatory Projects on Social Capital: Evidence from Farmland Consolidation Projects in Japan," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211938, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cavalcanti, Carina & Leibbrandt, Andreas, 2015.
"Dry promotions and community participation: Evidence from a natural field experiment in Brazilian fishing villages,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 457-465.
- Carina Cavalcanti & Andreas Leibbrandt, 2016. "Dry Promotions and Community Participation: Evidence from a Natural Field Experiment in Brazilian Fishing Villages," Natural Field Experiments 00580, The Field Experiments Website.
- World Bank Group, 2014. "Strategic Framework for Mainstreaming Citizen Engagement in World Bank Group Operations," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 21113.
- Yasuyuki Sawada & Ryuji Kasahara & Keitaro Aoyagi & Masahiro Shoji & Mika Ueyama, 2013.
"Modes of Collective Action in Village Economies: Evidence from Natural and Artefactual Field Experiments in a Developing Country,"
Asian Development Review,
MIT Press, vol. 30(1), pages 31-51, March.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Kasahara, Ryuji & Aoyagi, Aoyagi & Shoji, Masahiro & Ueyama, Mika, 2012. "Modes of Collective Action in Village Economies:Evidence from Natural and Artefactual Field Experiments in a Developing Country," Working Papers 47, JICA Research Institute.
- Avdeenko, Alexandra & Gilligan, Michael J., 2014. "International interventions to build social capital : evidence from a field experiment in Sudan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6772, The World Bank.
- Jaramillo, Miguel & Wright, Glenn Daniel, 2015. "Participatory Democracy and Effective Policy: Is There a Link? Evidence from Rural Peru," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 280-292.
- Kurosaki, Takashi & Khan, Hidayat Ullah, 2014. "Community-Based Development and Aggregate Shocks in Developing Countries: The Experience of an NGO in Pakistan," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 54, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- repec:pos:journl:31-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khemani, Stuti, 2013. "Buying votes vs. supplying public services : political incentives to under-invest in pro-poor policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6339, The World Bank.
- Catalina Tejada & Eliana Ferrara & Henrik Kleven & Florian Blum & Oriana Bandiera & Michel Azulai, 2015. "State Effectiveness, Growth, and Development," Working Papers id:6668, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital Community-driven development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:96:y:2011:i:2:p:348-358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.