Asset Specificity, Human Capital Acquisition, and Labor Market Competition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chong-En Bai & Yijiang Wang, 2003. "Uncertainty in Labor Productivity and Specific Human Capital Investment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(3), pages 651-676, July.
- Wallace, T D & Ihnen, L A, 1975. "Full-Time Schooling in Life-Cycle Models of Human Capital Accumulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(1), pages 137-155, February.
- George J. Mailath & Volker Nocke & Andrew Postlewaite, 2004.
"Business Strategy, Human Capital, and Managerial Incentives,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 617-633, December.
- George J. Mailath & Volker Nocke & Andrew Postlewaite, 2002. "Business Strategy, Human Capital, and Managerial Incentives," PIER Working Paper Archive 03-018, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 23 Jun 2003.
- Jed DeVaro & Hodaka Morita, 2013. "Internal Promotion and External Recruitment: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 227-269.
- Esteban Rossi-Hansberg & Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Raymond Owens iii, 2009.
"Firm Fragmentation And Urban Patterns,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(1), pages 143-186, February.
- Esteban Rossi-Hansberg & Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Raymond Owens, 2005. "Firm Fragmentation and Urban Patterns," Discussion Papers 04-019, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Esteban Rossi-Hansberg & Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Raymond Owens III, 2005. "Firm Fragmentation and Urban Patterns," NBER Working Papers 11839, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esteban Rossi-Hansberg & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte & Raymond E. Owens, 2005. "Firm fragmentation and urban patterns," Working Paper 05-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Gibbons, Robert, 2005. "Four forma(lizable) theories of the firm?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 200-245, October.
- Hashimoto, Masanori, 1981. "Firm-Specific Human Capital as a Shared Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 475-482, June.
- Tsutomu Shibata, 2006. "Japan, Moving Toward a More Advanced Knowledge Economy : Volume 1. Assessment and Lessons," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7081, October.
- Katsuhito Iwai, 2002. "The Nature of the Business Corporation: Its Legal Structure and Economic Functions," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 53(3), pages 243-273.
- Emin Dinlersoz & Glenn MacDonald, 2009.
"The Industry Life-Cycle of the Size Distribution of Firms,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 12(4), pages 648-667, October.
- Glenn MacDonald & Emin Dinlersoz, 2005. "The Industry Life-Cycle of the Size Distribution of Firms," Working Papers 05-10, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Emin Dinlersoz & Glenn MacDonald, 2008. "Code files for "The Industry Life-Cycle of the Size Distribution of Firms"," Computer Codes 07-107, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Michael D. Whinston, 2003. "On the Transaction Cost Determinants of Vertical Integration," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 1-23, April.
- Jan Zábojník & Dan Bernhardt, 2001. "Corporate Tournaments, Human Capital Acquisition, and the Firm Size—Wage Relation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(3), pages 693-716.
- Hideo Owan, 2004. "Promotion, Turnover, Earnings, and Firm-Sponsored Training," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(4), pages 955-978, October.
- Yoram Ben-Porath, 1967. "The Production of Human Capital and the Life Cycle of Earnings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 352-352.
- Kambayashi, Ryo & Kato, Takao, 2011. "Long-term Employment and Job Security over the Last Twenty-Five Years: A Comparative Study of Japan and the U.S," IZA Discussion Papers 6183, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Masten, Scott E, 1984. "The Organization of Production: Evidence from the Aerospace Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 403-417, October.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset specificity; competition; firm size; firm specificity; human capital; managerial capability;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- M50 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2017-02-12 (Business Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2017-02-12 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hiasdp:hias-e-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ashitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.