New challenges for STI policy from the internationalization of R&D: the case of Russian-German R&D cooperation
Over the last two decades national policy makers drew special attention to the implementation of policy tools which foster international cooperation in the fields of science, technology, and innovation. In this paper, we look at cases of Russian-German collaborations to examine the initiatives of the Russian government aimed at stimulating the innovation activity of domestic corporations and small and medium enterprises. The data derived from the interviews with companies’ leaders show positive effects of bilateral innovative projects on the overall business performance alongside with major barriers hindering international cooperation. To overcome these barriers we provide specific suggestions relevant to the recently developed Russian Innovation Strategy 2020
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in WP BRP Series: Science, Technology and Innovation / STI, December 2012, pages 1-34|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Myasnitskaya 20, Moscow 101000|
Web page: http://www.hse.ru/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mikhail Gershman & Tatiana Kuznetsova, 2012. "Specificities of Involving Small Enterprises into International S&T Co-operation: Evidence from the Linkages between Russia and Germany," Foresight-Russia, National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 6(3), pages 51-61.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Verspagen, Bart, 2010.
"Innovation and Economic Development,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Verspagen, Bart, 2009. "Innovation and Economic Development," MERIT Working Papers 032, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec & Bart Verspagen, 2009. "Innovation and Economic Development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20090723, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo, revised Oct 2009.
- Leonid Gokhberg & Tatyana Kuznetsova, 2011. "Strategy 2020: New Outlines of Russian Innovation Policy," Foresight-Russia, National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 5(4), pages 8-30.
- Borrás, Susana & Chaminade, Cristina & Edquist, Charles, 2008. "The Challenges of Globalisation: Strategic Choices for Innovation Policy," Papers in Innovation Studies 2008/9, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:wpbrp02sti2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev)or (Victoria Elkina)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.