Global Dynamics, Capabilities and the Crisis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Knell, Mark, 2007. "The Competitiveness of Nations: Why Some Countries Prosper While Others Fall Behind," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1595-1620, October.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-1175, September.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2012.
"Real effective exchange rates for 178 countries: A new database,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
1210, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2012. "Real Effective Exchange Rates for 178 Countries: a New Database," Working Papers 1201, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2012. "Real effective exchange rates for 178 countries: a new database," Working Papers 716, Bruegel.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 355-374, June.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 429-438.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Castellacci, Fulvio & Natera, Jose Miguel, 2011.
"A new panel dataset for cross-country analyses of national systems, growth and development (CANA),"
28376, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fulvio Castellacci & José Miguel Natera, 2011. "A new panel dataset for cross-country analyses of national systems, growth and development (CANA)," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 1105, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 2003. "Institutions Don't Rule: Direct Effects of Geography on Per Capita Income," NBER Working Papers 9490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1915. "Imperial Germany and The Industrial Revolution," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number veblen1915.
- Law, Siong Hook & Singh, Nirvikar, 2014. "Does too much finance harm economic growth?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 36-44.
- Jean Arcand & Enrico Berkes & Ugo Panizza, 2015. "Too much finance?," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 105-148, June.
- Enrico Berkes & Ugo Panizza & Jean Louis Arcand, 2015. "Too Much Finance or Statistical Illusion: A Comment," IHEID Working Papers 12-2015, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin, 2008.
"National innovation systems, capabilities and economic development,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1417-1435, October.
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec, 2007. "National innovation systems, capabilities and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20071024, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Cornwall, John, 1976. "Diffusion, Convergence and Kaldor's Laws," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 307-314, June.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Verspagen, Bart, 2010.
"Innovation and Economic Development,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec & Bart Verspagen, 2009. "Innovation and Economic Development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20090723, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo, revised Oct 2009.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Verspagen, Bart, 2009. "Innovation and Economic Development," MERIT Working Papers 032, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness: Errata," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1203-1203, December.
- repec:ucm:wpaper:05-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fearon, James D, 2003. "Ethnic and Cultural Diversity by Country," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 195-222, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maciej Grodzicki, 2018. "Prices of Value Added and Competitiveness in Global Value Chains," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-14, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnological capabilities; social capabilities; competitiveness; economic growth; crisis;
- E11 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Marxian; Sraffian; Kaleckian
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lucirc:2015_033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Torben Schubert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/circlse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.