The integrated approach for Foresight evaluation: the Russian case
As the impact of strategic decision-making at the corporate, sectoral and national levels increases, there are growing demands for high quality and solid Foresight outputs. In this regard, a timely detection and elimination of problems in Foresight projects is of great importance. A thorough evaluation of criteria and methods used in Foresight analysis would permit the improved effectiveness of Foresight activities. The results could be set against the aims to decide on the feasibility of projects and identify ways to improve them. Despite great interest in Foresight evaluation demonstrated by stakeholders at various levels, the general principles for conducting it have not yet been formulated, which hinders its development and the diffusion of successful expertise. The purpose of this paper is to develop an integrated approach for the evaluation of Foresight projects, including their classification, basic criteria to evaluate project realisation, results and impact and a SWOT analysis. The proposed methodology was tested on Russian National Foresight 2030 and the results are described and analysed. Further ways of developing this approach are suggested
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in WP BRP Series: Science, Technology and Innovation / STI, October 2013, pages 1-21|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.hse.ru/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mikhail Gershman, 2012. "New challenges for STI policy from the internationalization of R&D: the case of Russian-German R&D cooperation," HSE Working papers WP BRP 02/STI/2012, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Ekaterina Makarova & Anna Sokolova, 2012. "Foresight Evaluation: Lessons from Project Management," HSE Working papers WP BRP 01/MAN/2012, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Attila Havas & Doris Schartinger & Matthias Weber, 2010. "The impact of foresight on innovation policy-making: recent experiences and future perspectives," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 91-104, June.
- Dirk Meissner & Mario Cervantes, 2010. "Successful Foresight Study: Implications for Design, Preparatory Activities and Tools to Uses," Foresight-Russia, National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 74-81.
- Kerstin Cuhls, 2003. "From forecasting to foresight processes-new participative foresight activities in Germany," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2-3), pages 93-111.
- Ozcan Saritas & Erol Taymaz & Turgut Tumer, 2006. "Vision 2023: Turkey’s National Technology Foresight Program – a contextualist description and analysis," ERC Working Papers 0601, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jan 2006.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:20sti2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev)or (Victoria Elkina)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.