It’S Not the Economy Stupid! Is Russia-Us Trade Really Underdeveloped? A Test Using Gravity Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- van Bergeijk,Peter A. G. & Brakman,Steven (ed.), 2010. "The Gravity Model in International Trade," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521196154, October.
- Baldwin, Richard, 2007. "Trade Effects of the Euro: a Comparison of Estimators," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 22, pages 780-818.
- Anders Aslund & Gary Clyde Hufbauer, 2012. "The United States Should Establish Permanent Normal Trade Relations with Russia," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 6208, September.
- Fearon, James D., 1994. "Domestic Political Audiences and the Escalation of International Disputes," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 88(3), pages 577-592, September.
- Allan Dafoe, 2011. "Statistical Critiques of the Democratic Peace: Caveat Emptor," American Journal of Political Science, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 55(2), pages 247-262, April.
- Oneal, John R. & Russett, Bruce, 2001. "Clear and Clean: The Fixed Effects of the Liberal Peace," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(2), pages 469-485, April.
- Roberto Rigobon & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "Rule of law, democracy, openness, and income," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 13(3), pages 533-564, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fiankor, D.-D. & Martinez-Zarzoso, I. & Brummer, B., 2018. "Exports and Governance: the Role of Private Voluntary Certification," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277113, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Magistretti, Giacomo & Tabellini, Marco, 2020. "Economic Integration and Democracy: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 14336, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fiankor, Dela-Dem Doe & Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2018. "Exports and governance: the role of private voluntary standards," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 275059, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- El-Sahli, Zouheir, 2021. "The Partial and General Equilibrium Effects of the Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement," MPRA Paper 104354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wong, Kin-Ming & Chong, Terence Tai-Leung, 2016.
"Does monetary policy matter for trade?,"
International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 107-125.
- Jinghan Cai & Xiaobing Li, 2018. "Logistics and stock market inter-dependence: the case of China," International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalisation, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(3), pages 292-306.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2014.
"Gravity Equations: Workhorse,Toolkit, and Cookbook,"
Handbook of International Economics, in: Gopinath, G. & Helpman, . & Rogoff, K. (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 0, pages 131-195,
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2013. "Gravity Equations: Workhorse, Toolkit, and Cookbook," CEPR Discussion Papers 9322, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2013. "Gravity Equations: Workhorse,Toolkit, and Cookbook," Working Papers 2013-27, CEPII research center.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2013. "Gravity Equations: Workhorse, Toolkit, and Cookbook," Sciences Po publications 2013-02, Sciences Po.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2013. "Gravity Equations: Workhorse, Toolkit, and Cookbook," Sciences Po Economics Discussion Papers 2013-02, Sciences Po Departement of Economics.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2013. "Gravity Equations: Workhorse, Toolkit, and Cookbook," Working Papers hal-00973067, HAL.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova, 2017.
"Do Borders Really Slash Trade? A Meta-Analysis,"
IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 65(2), pages 365-396, June.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova, 2015. "Do Borders Really Slash Trade? A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers IES 2015/03, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Feb 2015.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova, 2015. "Do Borders Really Slash Trade? A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers 2015/01, Czech National Bank.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova, 2015. "Do Borders Really Slash Trade? A Meta-Analysis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1088, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mahdi Ghodsi, 2020.
"Is Austria’s economy locked-in in the CESEE region? Austria’s competitiveness at the micro-level,"
Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 47(3), pages 669-693, August.
- Mahdi Ghodsi, 2018. "Is Austria’s Economy Locked-in in the CESEE Region? Austria’s Competitiveness at the Micro-level," wiiw Working Papers 151, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Agostino, Mariarosaria & Trivieri, Francesco, 2014. "Geographical indication and wine exports. An empirical investigation considering the major European producers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 22-36.
- Blind, Knut & Mangelsdorf, Axel & Pohlisch, Jakob, 2018. "The effects of cooperation in accreditation on international trade: Empirical evidence on ISO 9000 certifications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 198(C), pages 50-59.
- Hanousek, Jan & Kočenda, Evžen, 2014. "Factors of trade in Europe," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 518-535.
- Faqin Lin & Wenshou Yan & Xiaosong Wang, 2017. "The impact of Africa-China's diplomatic visits on bilateral trade," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 64(3), pages 310-326, July.
- Konstantaras, Konstantinos & Philippas, Dionisis & Siriopoulos, Costas, 2018. "Trade asymmetries in the Mediterranean basin," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 13-20.
- Olayinka Idowu Kareem, 2014. "The European Union Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures and Africa’s Exports," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/98, European University Institute.
- Fracasso, Andrea & Vittucci Marzetti, Giuseppe, 2015. "International trade and R&D spillovers," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 138-149.
- Toke S. Aidt & Martin Gassebner, 2010.
"Do Autocratic States Trade Less?,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 24(1), pages 38-76, January.
- Aidt, T.S. & Gassebner, M., 2007. "Do Autocratic States Trade Less?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0742, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Toke S. Aidt & Martin Gassebner, 2007. "Do Autocratic States Trade Less?," KOF Working papers 07-175, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Petrit Gashi & Mehtap Hisarciklilar & Geoffrey Pugh, 2017. "Kosovo – EU trade relations: a dynamic panel poisson approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(27), pages 2642-2654, June.
- Gnutzmann-Mkrtchyan, Arevik & Henn, Christian, 2018.
"Peeling away the layers: Impacts of durable tariff elimination,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 259-276.
- Arevik Gnutzmann-Mkrtchyan & Christian Henn, 2018. "Peeling Away the Layers: Impacts of Durable Tariff Elimination," CESifo Working Paper Series 7172, CESifo.
- Julia Grübler & Oliver Reiter, 2020. "Greater than the sum of its parts? Does Austria profit from a widening network of EU free trade agreements?," FIW Research Reports series VII-004, FIW.
More about this item
KeywordsUS-Russia Relations; International Trade; Gravity Models; Economic Interdependence;
All these keywords.
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2016-03-06 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-INT-2016-03-06 (International Trade)
- NEP-POL-2016-03-06 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:26/ir/2016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Shamil Abdulaev or Shamil Abdulaev (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.