SUR estimation of earnings differentials between three generations of immigrants and natives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Epstein, Gil S & Lecker, Tikva, 2001.
"Multi-Generation Model of Immigrant Earnings: Theory and Application,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2750, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Lecker, Tikva, 2001. "Multi-Generation Model of Immigrant Earnings: Theory and Application," IZA Discussion Papers 275, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gil S. Epstein & Tikva Lecker, 2001. "Multi-Generation Model of Immigrant Earnings: Theory and Application," Working Papers 2001-06, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Borjas, George J, 1993. "The Intergenerational Mobility of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 113-135, January.
- Sloane, Peter J. & Gazioglu, Saziye, 1996. "Immigration and occupational status: A study of Bangladeshi and Turkish fathers and sons in the London labour market," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 399-424, December.
- George J. Borjas, 1992. "Ethnic Capital and Intergenerational Mobility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 123-150.
- Hammarstedt, Mats, 2007. "Intergenerational mobility among three generations of immigrants in Sweden," CAFO Working Papers 2007:4, Linnaeus University, Centre for Labour Market Policy Research (CAFO), School of Business and Economics.
- Lars Behrenz & Mats Hammarstedt & Jonas Månsson, 2007. "Second-Generation Immigrants in the Swedish Labour Market," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 157-174.
- George J. Borjas, 2006. "Making it in America: Social Mobility in the Immigrant Population," NBER Working Papers 12088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1995. "Hierarchical analysis of SUR models with extensions to correlated serial errors and time-varying parameter models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 339-360, August.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1977. "Sons of Immigrants: Are They at an Earnings Disadvantage?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 376-380, February.
- Dan-Olof Rooth & Jan Ekberg, 2003. "Unemployment and earnings for second generation immigrants in Sweden. Ethnic background and parent composition," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 787-814, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zeebari, Zangin & Shukur, Ghazi, 2012. "On the Least Absolute Deviations Method for Ridge Estimation of SURE Models," HUI Working Papers 69, HUI Research.
- Zeebari, Zangin & Shukur, Ghazi, 2009. "Developing Median Regression for SURE Models - with Application to 3-Generation Immigrants’ data in Sweden," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 183, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigrants; Earnings; SUR estimation;
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:vxcafo:2007_007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andreas Mångs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cafovse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.