SUR estimation of earnings differentials between three generations of immigrants and natives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Epstein, Gil S & Lecker, Tikva, 2001.
"Multi-Generation Model of Immigrant Earnings: Theory and Application,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2750, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Lecker, Tikva, 2001. "Multi-Generation Model of Immigrant Earnings: Theory and Application," IZA Discussion Papers 275, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gil S. Epstein & Tikva Lecker, 2001. "Multi-Generation Model of Immigrant Earnings: Theory and Application," Working Papers 2001-06, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Borjas, George J, 1993. "The Intergenerational Mobility of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 113-135, January.
- Sloane, Peter J. & Gazioglu, Saziye, 1996. "Immigration and occupational status: A study of Bangladeshi and Turkish fathers and sons in the London labour market," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 399-424, December.
- George J. Borjas, 1992. "Ethnic Capital and Intergenerational Mobility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 123-150.
- Hammarstedt, Mats, 2007. "Intergenerational mobility among three generations of immigrants in Sweden," CAFO Working Papers 2007:4, Linnaeus University, Centre for Labour Market Policy Research (CAFO), School of Business and Economics.
- Lars Behrenz & Mats Hammarstedt & Jonas Månsson, 2007. "Second-Generation Immigrants in the Swedish Labour Market," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 157-174.
- George J. Borjas, 2006. "Making it in America: Social Mobility in the Immigrant Population," NBER Working Papers 12088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1995. "Hierarchical analysis of SUR models with extensions to correlated serial errors and time-varying parameter models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 339-360, August.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1977. "Sons of Immigrants: Are They at an Earnings Disadvantage?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 376-380, February.
- Dan-Olof Rooth & Jan Ekberg, 2003. "Unemployment and earnings for second generation immigrants in Sweden. Ethnic background and parent composition," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 787-814, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zeebari, Zangin & Shukur, Ghazi, 2012. "On the Least Absolute Deviations Method for Ridge Estimation of SURE Models," HUI Working Papers 69, HUI Research.
- Zeebari, Zangin & Shukur, Ghazi, 2009. "Developing Median Regression for SURE Models - with Application to 3-Generation Immigrants’ data in Sweden," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 183, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigrants; Earnings; SUR estimation;
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:vxcafo:2007_007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andreas Mångs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cafovse.html .