Immigration and occupational status: A study of Bangladeshi and Turkish fathers and sons in the London labour market
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carliner, Geoffrey, 1980. "Wages, Earnings and Hours of First, Second, and Third Generation American Males," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 87-102, January.
- George J. Borjas, 1987.
"Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants,"
NBER Working Papers
2248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George J. Borjas, 1986.
"The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 485-506.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1980.
"A Picture of Male Unemployment in Britain,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(363), pages 776-94, December.
- Borjas, George J & Bronars, Stephen G, 1991.
"Immigration and the Family,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 123-48, April.
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Jonathan Wadsworth, 1990. "Who are the Unemployed?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0012, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mark B. Stewart, 1982.
"Racial Discrimination and Occupational Attainment in Britain,"
538, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Stewart, Mark B, 1983. "Racial Discrimination and Occupational Attainment in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(371), pages 521-41, September.
- Borjas, George J, 1985. "Assimilation, Changes in Cohort Quality, and the Earnings of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 463-89, October.
- Creedy, John, 1988. "Earnings Comparisons between Generations: Some Alternative Approaches," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 56(3), pages 268-81, September.
- Schmidt, Christoph M, 1993. "The Earnings Dynamics of Immigrant Labour," CEPR Discussion Papers 763, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mayhew, K & Rosewell, B, 1978. "Immigrants and Occupational Crowding in Great Britain," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 40(3), pages 223-48, August.
- Peters, H Elizabeth, 1992. "Patterns of Intergenerational Mobility in Income and Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 456-66, August.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1977. "Sons of Immigrants: Are They at an Earnings Disadvantage?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 376-80, February.
- Dex, Shirley, 1986. "Earnings Differentials of Second Generation West Indian and White School Leavers in Britain," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 54(2), pages 162-79, June.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1991. "Speaking, Reading, and Earnings among Low-Skilled Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 149-70, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:3:y:1996:i:4:p:399-424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.