On the Least Absolute Deviations Method for Ridge Estimation of SURE Models
This paper examines the application of the Least Absolute Deviations (LAD) method for ridge-type parameter estimation of Seemingly Unrelated Regression Equations (SURE) models. The methodology is aimed to deal with the SURE models with non-Gaussian error terms and highly collinear predictors in each equation. Some biasing parameters used in the literature are taken and the efficiency of both Least Squares (LS) ridge estimation and the LAD ridge estimation of the SURE models, through the Mean Squared Error (MSE) of parameter estimators, is evaluated.
|Date of creation:||24 Oct 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: HUI Research, Regeringsgatan 60, 103 29 Stockholm, Sweden|
Phone: +46 (0)8 762 72 80
Fax: +46 (0)8 679 76 06
Web page: http://www.hui.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1995. "Hierarchical analysis of SUR models with extensions to correlated serial errors and time-varying parameter models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 339-360, August.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Antonella Capitanio, 2003. "Distributions generated by perturbation of symmetry with emphasis on a multivariate skew "t"-distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 367-389.
- Koenker, Roger & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1982. "Robust Tests for Heteroscedasticity Based on Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 43-61, January.
- Ekberg, Jan & Hammarstedt, Mats & Shukur, Ghazi, 2007. "SUR estimation of earnings differentials between three generations of immigrants and natives," CAFO Working Papers 2007:7, Centre for Labour Market Policy Research (CAFO), School of Business and Economics, Linnaeus University.
- Shukur, Ghazi & Zeebari, Zangin, 2011. "On the median regression for SURE models with applications to 3-generation immigrants data in Sweden," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2566-2578.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:huiwps:0069. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Nilsson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.