Robust tests for heteroskedasticity in the one-way error components model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gabriel Montes-Rojas & Walter Sosa-Escudero, 2010. "Robust tests for heteroskedasticity in the one-way error components model," Post-Print hal-00768191, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1987.
"Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1305-1329, November.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1984. "Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics," Working Papers 556, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson , R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1985. "Implicit alternatives and the local power of test statistics," CORE Discussion Papers 1985025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Evans, Merran, 1992. "Robustness of size of tests of autocorrelation and heteroscedasticity to nonnormality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 7-24.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2006.
"Joint LM test for homoskedasticity in a one-way error component model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 401-417, October.
- Baltagi B-H. & Bresson G. & Pirotte A., 2004. "Joint LM test for homoskedasticity in a one-way error component model," Working Papers ERMES 0408, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & Alain Pirotte, 2005. "Joint LM Test for Homoskedasticity in a One-Way error Component Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 72, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1991. "On the application of robust, regression- based diagnostics to models of conditional means and conditional variances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 5-46, January.
- Bera, Anil K. & Jarque, Carlos M., 1982. "Model specification tests : A simultaneous approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 59-82, October.
- Koenker, Roger & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1982. "Robust Tests for Heteroscedasticity Based on Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 43-61, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Jung, Byoung Cheol & Song, Seuck Heun, 2010.
"Testing for heteroskedasticity and serial correlation in a random effects panel data model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 122-124, February.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Byoung Cheol Jung & Seuck Heun Song, 2008. "Testing for Heteroskedasticity and Serial Correlation in a Random Effects Panel Data Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 111, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1989. "Asymptotic relative efficiency of the classical test statistics under misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 351-369, November.
- Walter Sosa-Escudero & Anil K. Bera, 2008.
"Tests for unbalanced error-components models under local misspecification,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 8(1), pages 68-78, February.
- Walter Sosa Escudero & Anil K. Bera, 2005. "Tests for Unbalanced Error Components Models Under Local Misspecification," Working Papers 81, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Dec 2007.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "A Unified Approach to Robust, Regression-Based Specification Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 17-43, March.
- Koenker, Roger, 2004. "Quantile regression for longitudinal data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 74-89, October.
- Newey, Whitney K, 1985. "Maximum Likelihood Specification Testing and Conditional Moment Tests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1047-1070, September.
- Dastoor, Naorayex K., 1997. "Testing for conditional heteroskedasticity with misspecified alternative hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 63-80.
- Tauchen, George, 1985. "Diagnostic testing and evaluation of maximum likelihood models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 415-443.
- Robert F. Phillips, 2003. "Estimation of a Stratified Error-Components Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(2), pages 501-521, May.
- Koenker, Roger, 1981. "A note on studentizing a test for heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 107-112, September.
- Bera, Anil K. & Yoon, Mann J., 1993. "Specification Testing with Locally Misspecified Alternatives," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 649-658, August.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Antonella Capitanio, 2003. "Distributions generated by perturbation of symmetry with emphasis on a multivariate skew "t"-distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 367-389.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Packalen, Mikko & Wirjanto, Tony S., 2012.
"Inference about clustering and parametric assumptions in covariance matrix estimation,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Mikko Packalen & Tony Wirjanto, 2010. "Inference about Clustering and Parametric Assumptions in Covariance Matrix Estimation," Working Papers 1012, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2010.
- Juhl, Ted & Sosa-Escudero, Walter, 2014. "Testing for heteroskedasticity in fixed effects models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P3), pages 484-494.
- Javier Alejo & Antonio Galvao & Gabriel Montes-Rojas & Walter Sosa-Escudero, 2015. "Tests for normality in linear panel-data models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 15(3), pages 822-832, September.
- Galvao, Antonio F. & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel & Sosa-Escudero, Walter & Wang, Liang, 2013. "Tests for skewness and kurtosis in the one-way error component model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 35-52.
- Andreas Rathgeber & David Rudolph & Stefan Stöckl, 2015. "Pricing anomaly at the first sight: same borrower in different currencies faces different credit spreads—an explanation by means of a quanto option," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 107-143, July.
- repec:eee:jmvana:v:165:y:2018:i:c:p:101-116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Jianhong & Li, Guodong, 2014. "Moment-based tests for individual and time effects in panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P3), pages 569-581.
More about this item
KeywordsError components Heteroskedasticity Testing;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:160:y:2011:i:2:p:300-310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.