Testing Under Local Misspecification and Artificial Regressions
An additivity property of LM tests is derived, linking joint, marginal and Bera-Yoon `adjusted' tests, hence the latter can be derived as the difference of the first two. An artificial regression framework provides an intuitive geometrical illustration of the Bera-Yoon principle.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2009|
|Publication status:||Published in Economic Letters, Vol.104, pp. 64-68|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.udesa.edu.ar
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bera, Anil K. & Sosa-Escudero, Walter & Yoon, Mann, 2001.
"Tests for the error component model in the presence of local misspecification,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Anil Bera & Walter Sosa Escudero & Mann Yoon, 2000. "Test for the Error Component Model in the Presence of Local Misspecification," Department of Economics, Working Papers 022, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Anil K. Bera & Walter Sosa Escudero & Mann Yoon, 2000. "Tests for the Error Component Model in the Presence of Local Misspecification," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1888, Econometric Society.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1980. "The Lagrange Multiplier Test and Its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 239-53, January.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1987.
"Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1305-29, November.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1984. "Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics," Working Papers 556, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson , R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1985. "Implicit alternatives and the local power of test statistics," CORE Discussion Papers 1985025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Baltagi B-H. & Bresson G. & Pirotte A., 2004.
"Joint LM test for homoskedasticity in a one-way error component model,"
Working Papers ERMES
0408, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2006. "Joint LM test for homoskedasticity in a one-way error component model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 401-417, October.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & Alain Pirotte, 2005. "Joint LM Test for Homoskedasticity in a One-Way error Component Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 72, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Bera, Anil K. & Yoon, Mann J., 1993. "Specification Testing with Locally Misspecified Alternatives," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 649-658, August.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1989. "Asymptotic relative efficiency of the classical test statistics under misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 351-369, November.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1992. "Model Specification Tests and Artificial Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 102-46, March.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sad:wpaper:97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamara Sulaque)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Tamara Sulaque to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.