Is Adaptive Estimation Useful For Panel Models With Heteroskedasticity In The Individual Specific Error Component? Some Monte Carlo Evidence
This paper first derives an adaptive estimator when heteroskedasticity is present in the individual specific error in an error component model and then compares the finite sample performance of the proposed estimator with various other estimators. While the Monte Carlo results show that the proposed estimator performs adequately in terms of relative efficiency, its performance on the basis of empirical size is quite similar to the other estimators considered.
Volume (Year): 21 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/LECR20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Russell Davidson & James MacKinnon, 2000.
"Bootstrap tests: how many bootstraps?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-68.
- Rilstone, Paul, 1991.
"Some Monte Carlo Evidence on the Relative Efficiency of Parametric and Semiparametric EGLS Estimators,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 179-187, April.
- Rilstone, P., 1989. "Some Monte Carlo Evidence On The Relative Efficiency Of Parametric And Semiparametric Egls Estimators," Papers 8917, Laval - Laboratoire Econometrie.
- Delgado, Miguel A., 1992. "Semiparametric Generalized Least Squares in the Multivariate Nonlinear Regression Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 203-222, June.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:8:y:1992:i:2:p:161-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stengos, T. & Li, Q., 1993.
"Adaptive Estimation in the Panel Data Error Component Model with Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form,"
1993-4, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Li, Qi & Stengos, Thanasis, 1994. "Adaptive Estimation in the Panel Data Error Component Model with Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(4), pages 981-1000, November.
- Robinson, P M, 1987. "Asymptotically Efficient Estimation in the Presence of Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 875-91, July.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1988. "A Generalized Error Component Model with Heteroscedastic Disturbances," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(4), pages 745-53, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:emetrv:v:21:y:2002:i:2:p:189-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.