Is Adaptive Estimation Useful For Panel Models With Heteroskedasticity In The Individual Specific Error Component? Some Monte Carlo Evidence
This paper first derives an adaptive estimator when heteroskedasticity is present in the individual specific error in an error component model and then compares the finite sample performance of the proposed estimator with various other estimators. While the Monte Carlo results show that the proposed estimator performs adequately in terms of relative efficiency, its performance on the basis of empirical size is quite similar to the other estimators considered.
Volume (Year): 21 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/LECR20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:etheor:v:8:y:1992:i:2:p:161-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, P M, 1987. "Asymptotically Efficient Estimation in the Presence of Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 875-891, July.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-1271, November.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Working papers 185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Delgado, Miguel A., 1992. "Semiparametric Generalized Least Squares in the Multivariate Nonlinear Regression Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 203-222, June.
- Russell Davidson & James MacKinnon, 2000. "Bootstrap tests: how many bootstraps?," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-68.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 2001. "Bootstrap Tests: How Many Bootstraps?," Working Papers 1036, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Rilstone, Paul, 1991. "Some Monte Carlo Evidence on the Relative Efficiency of Parametric and Semiparametric EGLS Estimators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 179-187, April.
- Rilstone, P., 1989. "Some Monte Carlo Evidence On The Relative Efficiency Of Parametric And Semiparametric Egls Estimators," Papers 8917, Laval - Laboratoire Econometrie.
- Li, Qi & Stengos, Thanasis, 1994. "Adaptive Estimation in the Panel Data Error Component Model with Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(4), pages 981-1000, November.
- Stengos, T. & Li, Q., 1993. "Adaptive Estimation in the Panel Data Error Component Model with Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Working Papers 1993-4, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1988. "A Generalized Error Component Model with Heteroscedastic Disturbances," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(4), pages 745-753, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)