Is Adaptive Estimation Useful For Panel Models With Heteroskedasticity In The Individual Specific Error Component? Some Monte Carlo Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:etheor:v:8:y:1992:i:2:p:161-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Russell Davidson & James MacKinnon, 2000.
"Bootstrap tests: how many bootstraps?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-68.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 2001. "Bootstrap Tests: How Many Bootstraps?," Working Papers 1036, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James, 2001. "Bootstrap Tests: How Many Bootstraps?," Queen's Economics Department Working Papers 273506, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- Robinson, P M, 1987. "Asymptotically Efficient Estimation in the Presence of Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 875-891, July.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Delgado, Miguel A., 1992. "Semiparametric Generalized Least Squares in the Multivariate Nonlinear Regression Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 203-222, June.
- Rilstone, Paul, 1991.
"Some Monte Carlo Evidence on the Relative Efficiency of Parametric and Semiparametric EGLS Estimators,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 179-187, April.
- Rilstone, P., 1989. "Some Monte Carlo Evidence On The Relative Efficiency Of Parametric And Semiparametric Egls Estimators," Papers 8917, Laval - Laboratoire Econometrie.
- Li, Qi & Stengos, Thanasis, 1994.
"Adaptive Estimation in the Panel Data Error Component Model with Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(4), pages 981-1000, November.
- Stengos, T. & Li, Q., 1993. "Adaptive Estimation in the Panel Data Error Component Model with Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Working Papers 1993-4, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1988. "A Generalized Error Component Model with Heteroscedastic Disturbances," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(4), pages 745-753, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Jung, Byoung Cheol & Song, Seuck Heun, 2010.
"Testing for heteroskedasticity and serial correlation in a random effects panel data model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 122-124, February.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Byoung Cheol Jung & Seuck Heun Song, 2008. "Testing for Heteroskedasticity and Serial Correlation in a Random Effects Panel Data Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 111, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2006.
"Joint LM test for homoskedasticity in a one-way error component model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 401-417, October.
- Baltagi B-H. & Bresson G. & Pirotte A., 2004. "Joint LM test for homoskedasticity in a one-way error component model," Working Papers ERMES 0408, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & Alain Pirotte, 2005. "Joint LM Test for Homoskedasticity in a One-Way error Component Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 72, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Feng, Qu & Kao, Chihwa, 2012.
"A Lagrange Multiplier test for cross-sectional dependence in a fixed effects panel data model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 164-177.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Qu Feng & Chihwa Kao, 2012. "A Lagrange Multiplier Test for Cross-Sectional Dependence in a Fixed Effects Panel Data Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 137, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Georges Bresson & Cheng Hsiao & Alain Pirotte, 2011.
"Assessing the contribution of R&D to total factor productivity—a Bayesian approach to account for heterogeneity and heteroskedasticity,"
AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis,
Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 95(4), pages 435-452, December.
- Bresson G. & Hsiao C. & Pirotte A., 2007. "Assessing the Contribution of R&D to Total Factor Productivity – a Bayesian Approach to Account for Heterogeneity And Heteroscedasticity," Working Papers ERMES 0708, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Liddle, Brantley & Lung, Sidney, 2010. "Age-Structure, Urbanization, and Climate Change in Developed Countries: Revisiting STIRPAT for Disaggregated Population and Consumption-Related Environmental Impacts," MPRA Paper 59579, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kouassi, Eugene & Mougoué, Mbodja & Sango, Joel & Bosson Brou, J.M. & Amba, Claude M.O. & Salisu, Afeez Adebare, 2014. "Testing for heteroskedasticity and spatial correlation in a two way random effects model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 153-171.
- Choong, Chee-Keong & Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Yusop, Zulkornain & Habibullah, Muzafar Shah, 2010. "Private capital flows, stock market and economic growth in developed and developing countries: A comparative analysis," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 107-117, March.
- Eduardo Fé Rodríguez, 2009. "Adaptive Instrumental Variable Estimation of Heteroskedastic Error Component Models," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0921, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Platoni, Silvia & Sckokai, Paolo & Moro, Daniele, 2008. "Panel Data Estimation Techniques for Farm-level Data Model," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44268, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsHeteroskedasticity; Kernel estimation; Error component model; JEL Classification ; C14; C23;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:emetrv:v:21:y:2002:i:2:p:189-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.