Rural Infrastructure and Agricultural Market Integration in the United States: A long run perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolfram Schlenker & Michael J. Roberts, 2006. "Nonlinear Effects of Weather on Corn Yields," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 391-398.
- Giovanni Federico & Paul Sharp, 2013.
"The cost of railroad regulation: the disintegration of American agricultural markets in the interwar period,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 66(4), pages 1017-1038, November.
- Giovanni Federico & Paul Sharp, 2011. "The Cost of Railroad Regulation: The Disintegration of American Agricultural Markets in the Interwar Period," Discussion Papers 11-17, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Federico, Giovanni & Sharp, Paul, 2012. "The cost of railroad regulation: The disintegration of American Agricultural Markets in the interwar period," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 20/2012, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Uebele, Martin, 2011. "National and international market integration in the 19th century: Evidence from comovement," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 226-242, April.
- MarioJ. Crucini & Mototsugu Shintani & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2010.
"The Law of One Price without the Border: The Role of Distance versus Sticky Prices,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(544), pages 462-480, May.
- Mario J. Crucini & Mototsugu Shintani & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2009. "The Law of One Price Without the Border: The Role of Distance Versus Sticky Prices," NBER Working Papers 14835, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sharp, Paul & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2013. "Globalization revisited: Market integration and the wheat trade between North America and Britain from the eighteenth century," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 88-98.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsUnited States; agriculture; market integration; rural infrastructure;
- N52 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- N72 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-07-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-07-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sdueko:2013_010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lene Holbæk). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okioudk.html .