The Effect of Emigration on Unemployment: Evidence from the Central and Eastern European EU Member States
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yana Pryymachenko & Klas Fregert & Fredrik N. G. Andersson, 2013. "The effect of emigration on unemployment: Evidence from the Central and Eastern European EU member states," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2692-2697.
References listed on IDEAS
- Longhi, Simonetta & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2006.
"The Impact of Immigration on the Employment of Natives in Regional Labour Markets: A Meta-Analysis,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2044, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Longhi, Simonetta & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2006. "The impact of immigration on the employment of natives in regional labour markets: a meta-analysis," ISER Working Paper Series 2006-10, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- David Blanchflower & Jumana Saleheen & Chris Shadforth, 2007.
"The impact of the recent migration from Eastern Europe on the UK economy,"
17, Monetary Policy Committee Unit, Bank of England.
- Blanchflower, David G. & Saleheen, Jumana & Shadforth, Chris, 2007. "The Impact of the Recent Migration from Eastern Europe on the UK Economy," IZA Discussion Papers 2615, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joseph G. Altonji & David Card, 1991.
"The Effects of Immigration on the Labor Market Outcomes of Less-skilled Natives,"
NBER Chapters,in: Immigration, Trade, and the Labor Market, pages 201-234
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph Altonji & David Card, 1989. "The Effects of Immigration on the Labor Market Outcome of Less-Skilled Natives," Working Papers 636, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Ray Barrell & John Fitzgerald & Rebecca Riley, 2010.
"EU Enlargement and Migration: Assessing the Macroeconomic Impacts,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 373-395, March.
- Ray Barrell & John FitzGerald & Rebecca Riley, 2007. "EU Enlargement and Migration: Assessing the Macroeconomic Impacts," Papers WP203, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Rebecca Riley & Ray Barrell, 2007. "EU enlargement and migration: Assessing the macroeconomic impacts," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 292, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Kahanec, Martin & Zaiceva, Anzelika & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2009. "Lessons from Migration after EU Enlargement," IZA Discussion Papers 4230, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Dustmann & Francesca Fabbri & Ian Preston, 2005. "The Impact of Immigration on the UK Labour Market," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0501, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Mishra, Prachi, 2007. "Emigration and wages in source countries: Evidence from Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 180-199, January.
- Sara Lemos & Jonathan Portes, 2008.
"New Labour? The Impact of Migration from Central and Eastern European Countries on the UK Labour Market,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
08/29, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Lemos, Sara & Portes, Jonathan, 2008. "New Labour? The Impact of Migration from Central and Eastern European Countries on the UK Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 3756, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Benjamin Elsner, 2013.
"Does emigration benefit the stayers? Evidence from EU enlargement,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 531-553, April.
- Elsner, Benjamin, 2012. "Does Emigration Benefit the Stayers? Evidence from EU Enlargement," IZA Discussion Papers 6843, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Prachi Mishra, 2006. "Emigration and Wages in Source Countries; Evidence From Mexico," IMF Working Papers 06/86, International Monetary Fund.
- John M. Abowd & Richard B. Freeman, 1991. "Immigration, Trade, and the Labor Market," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number abow91-1, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kahanec, Martin & Kureková, Lucia Mýtna, 2014.
"Did Post-Enlargement Labor Mobility Help the EU to Adjust During the Great Recession? The Case of Slovakia,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8249, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lucia Mýtna Kureková, 2014. "Did post-enlargement labor mobility help the EU to adjust during the Great Recession? The case of Slovakia," Discussion Papers 23, Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI).
More about this item
Keywordsemigration; unemployment; Central and Eastern Europe;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2011-10-15 (European Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2011-10-15 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAB-2011-10-15 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2011-10-15 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2011-10-15 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2011-10-15 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2011_032. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delunse.html .