Are homosexuals discriminated against in the hiring process?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nick Drydakis, 2011. "Women's Sexual Orientation and Labor Market Outcomes in Greece," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 89-117, January.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, Juni.
- Ahmed, Ali M. & Andersson, Lina & Hammarstedt, Mats, 2008. "Are lesbians discriminated against in the rental housing market? Evidence from a correspondence testing experiment," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 234-238, September.
- P. A. Riach & J. Rich, 2002.
"Field Experiments of Discrimination in the Market Place,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 480-518, November.
- Peter Riach & Judith Rich, 2002. "Field experiments of discrimination in the market place," Natural Field Experiments 00328, The Field Experiments Website.
- Ali M. Ahmed & Mats Hammarstedt, 2009.
"Detecting Discrimination against Homosexuals: Evidence from a Field Experiment on the Internet,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(303), pages 588-597, July.
- Ahmed, Ali M. & Hammarstedt, Mats, 2007. "Detecting discrimination against homosexuals: Evidence from a field experiment on the Internet," CAFO Working Papers 2007:2, Linnaeus University, Centre for Labour Market Policy Research (CAFO), School of Business and Economics.
- Carlsson, Magnus & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2007.
"Evidence of ethnic discrimination in the Swedish labor market using experimental data,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 716-729, August.
- Carlsson, Magnus & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2006. "Evidence of Ethnic Discrimination in the Swedish Labor Market Using Experimental Data," IZA Discussion Papers 2281, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ali M Ahmed & Lina Andersson & Mats Hammarstedt, 2011. "Sexual orientation and occupational rank," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2422-2433.
- Weichselbaumer, Doris, 2003.
"Sexual orientation discrimination in hiring,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 629-642, December.
- Doris Weichselbaumer, 2000. "Sexual orientation discrimination in hiring," Economics working papers 2000-21, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Doris Weichselbaumer, 2003. "Sexual orientation discrimination in hiring," Natural Field Experiments 00340, The Field Experiments Website.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"Are Emily and Greg More Employable Than Lakisha and Jamal? A Field Experiment on Labor Market Discrimination,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 991-1013, September.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2003. "Are Emily and Greg More Employable than Lakisha and Jamal? A Field Experiment on Labor Market Discrimination," NBER Working Papers 9873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2003. "Are emily and greg more employable than lakisha and jamal? A field experiment on labor market discrimination," Natural Field Experiments 00216, The Field Experiments Website.
- Bruce Elmslie & Edinaldo Tebaldi, 2007. "Sexual Orientation and Labor Market Discrimination," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 436-453, July.
- M.V. Lee Badgett, 2006. "Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation: A Review of the Literature in Economics and Beyond," Chapters, in: William M. Rodgers III (ed.),Handbook on the Economics of Discrimination, chapter 6, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Drydakis, Nick, 2009.
"Sexual orientation discrimination in the labour market,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 364-372, August.
- Nick Drydakis, 2008. "Sexual orientation discrimination in the labour market," Natural Field Experiments 00231, The Field Experiments Website.
- Suzanne Heller Clain & Karen Leppel, 2001. "An investigation into sexual orientation discrimination as an explanation for wage differences," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 37-47.
- repec:feb:natura:0002 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dan A. Black & Seth G. Sanders & Lowell J. Taylor, 2007. "The Economics of Lesbian and Gay Families," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 53-70, Spring.
- Ali M. Ahmed & Lina Andersson & Mats Hammarstedt, 2011. "Inter‐ and Intra‐Household Earnings Differentials among Homosexual and Heterosexual Couples," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 49(Supplemen), pages 258-278, July.
- Ali M. Ahmed & Lina Andersson & Mats Hammarstedt, 2012. "Does age matter for employability? A field experiment on ageism in the Swedish labour market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 403-406, March.
- Nick Drydakis, . "WomenÃ¢??s Sexual Orientation and Labor Market Outcomes," Working Papers 0907, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Ali Ahmed & Mats Hammarstedt, 2010. "Sexual orientation and earnings: a register data-based approach to identify homosexuals," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 835-849, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephan Humpert, 2012. "Somewhere over the Rainbow: Sexual Orientation Discrimination in Germany," Working Paper Series in Economics 245, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor market discrimination; sexual orientation; field experiment;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EXP-2011-12-19 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-12-19 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2011-12-19 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ifauwp:2011_021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ali Ghooloo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifagvse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.