EU Enlargement and Agro-Food Export Performance on EU Market Segments
This paper examines the impact of EU enlargement on agro-food export performance across 12 new EU member states and 5 newly independent states in the EU markets covering the period 1999-2007. The performance is examined by duration of export and hazard model. We find larger duration for the agro-food exports from the new EU member states. The results confirm gains from the eastward EU enlargement and governance on export increases and longer duration for exporting higher value-added specialized consumer-ready food and more competitive niche agro-food products.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1112 Budapest, Budaorsi ut 45.|
Phone: (+36-1) 309-2652
Fax: (36-1) 319-3136
Web page: http://econ.core.hu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francois, Joseph & Manchin, Miriam, 2013.
"Institutions, Infrastructure, and Trade,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 165-175.
- Joseph Francois & Miriam Manchin, 2007. "Institutions, Infrastructure and Trade," Development Working Papers 224, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Francois, Joseph & Manchin, Miriam, 2007. "Institutions, infrastructure, and trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4152, The World Bank.
- Joseph Francois & Miriam Manchin, 2007. "Institutions, Infrastructure, and Trade," IIDE Discussion Papers 20070401, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Joseph Francis Francois & Miriam Manchin, 2007. "Institutions, infrastructure, and trade," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 77, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Joseph F. Francois & Miriam Manchin, 2007. "Institutions, infrastructure, and trade," Economics working papers 2007-05, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Francois, Joseph & Manchin, Miriam, 2007. "Institutions, Infrastructure and Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 6068, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrei A. Levchenko, 2007. "Institutional Quality and International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(3), pages 791-819.
- Andrei A Levchenko, 2004. "Institutional Quality and International Trade," IMF Working Papers 04/231, .
- Tangermann, Stefan, 1994. "West Looks East," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 21(3-4), pages 375-392.
- Alessandro Olper & Valentina Raimondi, 2009. "Patterns and Determinants of International Trade Costs in the Food Industry," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 273-297.
- Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina, 2007. "Patterns And Determinants Of International Trade Costs In The Food Industry," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9799, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alessandro Olper & Valentina Raimondi, 2007. "Patterns and Determinants of International Trade Costs in the Food Industry," LICOS Discussion Papers 18807, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Alessandro Olper & Valentina Raimondi, 2008. "Explaining National Border Effects in the QUAD Food Trade," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 436-462, 09.
- Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina, 2006. "Explaining National Border Effects in the Quad Food Trade," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25467, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Craig A. Depken, II & Robert J. Sonora, 2005. "Asymmetric Effects of Economic Freedom on International Trade Flows," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 4(2), pages 141-155, August.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2007. "Integration of CEECs into EU Market: Structural Change and Convergence," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45, pages 611-632, 09.
- Maria Paula Fontoura & Nuno Crespo, 2004. "Integration of CEECs into EU Markets: Structural Change and Convergence," Working Papers Department of Economics 2004/15, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Mario Cleves & William W. Gould & Roberto G. Gutierrez & Yulia Marchenko, 2010. "An Introduction to Survival Analysis Using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 3, number saus3, September.
- Carsten Daugbjerg & Alan Swinbank, 2007. "The Politics of CAP Reform: Trade Negotiations, Institutional Settings and Blame Avoidance," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45, pages 1-22, 03.
- David Sapsford & Supriya Garikipati, 2006. "Trade Liberalisation, Economic Development and Poverty Alleviation," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(11), pages 1571-1579, November.
- Imre Fertö, 2005. "Vertically Differentiated Trade and Differences in Factor Endowment: The Case of Agri-Food Products between Hungary and the EU," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 117-134. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:has:discpr:1206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.