Confronting climate change: Adaptation vs. migration strategies in Small Island Developing States
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lesly Cassin & Paolo Melindi-Ghidi & Fabien Prieur, 2020. "Confronting climate change: Adaptation vs. migration strategies in Small Island Developing States," CEE-M Working Papers hal-02515116, CEE-M, Universtiy of Montpellier, CNRS, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro.
- Lesly Cassin & Paolo Melindi-Ghidi & Fabien Prieur, 2020. "Confronting climate change: Adaptation vs. migration strategies in Small Island Developing States," Working Papers 2020.09, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Warlters, Michael, 2012.
"The marginal cost of public funds and tax reform in Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 58-72.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Walters, Michael, 2009. "The Marginal Cost of Public Funds and Tax Reform in Africa," TSE Working Papers 09-110, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Robert C. Feenstra & Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer, 2015. "The Next Generation of the Penn World Table," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(10), pages 3150-3182, October.
- Barrios, Salvador & Bertinelli, Luisito & Strobl, Eric, 2006.
"Climatic change and rural-urban migration: The case of sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 357-371, November.
- Eric Strobl & Luisito Bertinelli & Salvador Barrios, "undated". "Climatic Change and Rural-Urban Migration: The Case of Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 06-01, FEDEA.
- Salvador Barrios & Luisito Bertinelli & Eric Strobl, 2006. "Climatic Change and Rural-Urban Migration: The Case of Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 06-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & BERTINELLI, Luisito & STROBL, Eric, 2006. "Climatic change and rural-urban migration: the case of sub-Saharan Africa," CORE Discussion Papers 2006046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Luca Marchiori & Ingmar Schumacher, 2011.
"When nature rebels: international migration, climate change, and inequality,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(2), pages 569-600, April.
- Luca Marchiori & Ingmar Schumacher, 2009. "When nature rebels: international migration, climate change and inequality," Working Papers hal-00358759, HAL.
- Richard S. J. Tol & Gary W. Yohe, 2006. "A Review of the Stern Review," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 7(4), pages 233-250, October.
- Gray, Clark & Mueller, Valerie, 2012. "Drought and Population Mobility in Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 134-145.
- Alex Julca & Oliver Paddison, 2010. "Vulnerabilities and migration in Small Island Developing States in the context of climate change," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 55(3), pages 717-728, December.
- Scobie, Michelle, 2016. "Policy coherence in climate governance in Caribbean Small Island Developing States," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 16-28.
- Marchiori, Luca & Maystadt, Jean-François & Schumacher, Ingmar, 2012.
"The impact of weather anomalies on migration in sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 355-374.
- Luca MARCHIORI & Jean-François MAYSTADT & Ingmar SCHUMACHER, 2011. "The Impact of Weather Anomalies on Migration in sub-Saharan Africa," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011034, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- William D. Nordhaus, 2007. "A Review of the Stern Review on the Economics of Climate Change," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 686-702, September.
- Ng’ang’a, Stanley Karanja & Bulte, Erwin H. & Giller, Ken E. & McIntire, John M. & Rufino, Mariana C., 2016. "Migration and Self-Protection Against Climate Change: A Case Study of Samburu County, Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 55-68.
- Jessica Mercer & Ilan Kelman & Björn Alfthan & Tiina Kurvits, 2012. "Ecosystem-Based Adaptation to Climate Change in Caribbean Small Island Developing States: Integrating Local and External Knowledge," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(8), pages 1-25, August.
- Ng’ang’a, Stanley Karanja & Bulte, Erwin & Giller, Ken E. & McIntire, John M. & Rufino, Mariana C., 2016. "Migration and self-protection against climate change: a case study of Samburu district, Kenya," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246271, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Partha Dasgupta, 2008. "Discounting climate change," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 141-169, December.
More about this item
KeywordsSIDS; climate change; adaptation; migration; natural capital.;
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-02515116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.