Ecosystem-Based Adaptation to Climate Change in Caribbean Small Island Developing States: Integrating Local and External Knowledge
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- D. King & A. Skipper & W. Tawhai, 2008. "Māori environmental knowledge of local weather and climate change in Aotearoa – New Zealand," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 90(4), pages 411-412, October.
- Guanghua Wan & Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2008. "Introduction," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(10), pages 1273-1276, October.
- Raffaele Vignola & Bruno Locatelli & Celia Martinez & Pablo Imbach, 2009. "Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change: what role for policy-makers, society and scientists?," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 14(8), pages 691-696, December.
- Michele Daly & Namouta Poutasi & Filomena Nelson & Jude Kohlhase, 2010. "Reducing the climate vulnerability of coastal communities in Samoa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-281.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sierra-Correa, Paula Cristina & Cantera Kintz, Jaime Ricardo, 2015. "Ecosystem-based adaptation for improving coastal planning for sea-level rise: A systematic review for mangrove coasts," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 385-393.
- Jessica Mercer & Tiina Kurvits & Ilan Kelman & Stavros Mavrogenis, 2014. "Ecosystem-Based Adaptation for Food Security in the AIMS SIDS: Integrating External and Local Knowledge," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(9), pages 1-32, August.
- Shah Md. Atiqul Haq & Khandaker Jafor Ahmed, 2017. "Does the perception of climate change vary with the socio-demographic dimensions? A study on vulnerable populations in Bangladesh," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 85(3), pages 1759-1785, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:926-:d:100220 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:climat:v:142:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10584-017-1933-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Lashley & Koko Warner, 2015. "Evidence of demand for microinsurance for coping and adaptation to weather extremes in the Caribbean," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 101-112, November.
- repec:spr:jenvss:v:8:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s13412-017-0440-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Nazmul Huq & Alexander Stubbings, 2015. "How is the Role of Ecosystem Services Considered in Local Level Flood Management Policies: Case Study in Cumbria, England," Journal of Environmental Assessment Policy and Management (JEAPM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 17(04), pages 1-29, December.
- Lisa Hiwasaki & Emmanuel Luna & Syamsidik & José Marçal, 2015. "Local and indigenous knowledge on climate-related hazards of coastal and small island communities in Southeast Asia," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 35-56, January.
- Stacy-ann Robinson, 2017. "Climate change adaptation trends in small island developing states," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 669-691, April.
More about this item
Keywordsadaptation; Caribbean; climate change; ecosystem; local knowledge; Small Island Developing States;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:4:y:2012:i:8:p:1908-1932:d:19606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .