Ecosystem-Based Adaptation to Climate Change in Caribbean Small Island Developing States: Integrating Local and External Knowledge
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michele Daly & Namouta Poutasi & Filomena Nelson & Jude Kohlhase, 2010. "Reducing the climate vulnerability of coastal communities in Samoa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-281.
- D. King & A. Skipper & W. Tawhai, 2008. "Māori environmental knowledge of local weather and climate change in Aotearoa – New Zealand," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 90(4), pages 411-412, October.
- Guanghua Wan & Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2008. "Introduction," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(10), pages 1273-1276, October.
- Raffaele Vignola & Bruno Locatelli & Celia Martinez & Pablo Imbach, 2009. "Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change: what role for policy-makers, society and scientists?," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 14(8), pages 691-696, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sierra-Correa, Paula Cristina & Cantera Kintz, Jaime Ricardo, 2015. "Ecosystem-based adaptation for improving coastal planning for sea-level rise: A systematic review for mangrove coasts," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 385-393.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:926-:d:100220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Lashley & Koko Warner, 2015. "Evidence of demand for microinsurance for coping and adaptation to weather extremes in the Caribbean," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 101-112, November.
- repec:spr:jenvss:v:8:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s13412-017-0440-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Jessica Mercer & Tiina Kurvits & Ilan Kelman & Stavros Mavrogenis, 2014. "Ecosystem-Based Adaptation for Food Security in the AIMS SIDS: Integrating External and Local Knowledge," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(9), pages 1-32, August.
- Lisa Hiwasaki & Emmanuel Luna & Syamsidik & José Marçal, 2015. "Local and indigenous knowledge on climate-related hazards of coastal and small island communities in Southeast Asia," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 35-56, January.
- Shah Md. Atiqul Haq & Khandaker Jafor Ahmed, 2017. "Does the perception of climate change vary with the socio-demographic dimensions? A study on vulnerable populations in Bangladesh," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 85(3), pages 1759-1785, February.
- repec:spr:climat:v:142:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10584-017-1933-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nazmul Huq & Alexander Stubbings, 2015. "How is the Role of Ecosystem Services Considered in Local Level Flood Management Policies: Case Study in Cumbria, England," Journal of Environmental Assessment Policy and Management (JEAPM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 17(04), pages 1-29, December.
- Stacy-ann Robinson, 2017. "Climate change adaptation trends in small island developing states," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 669-691, April.
More about this item
Keywordsadaptation; Caribbean; climate change; ecosystem; local knowledge; Small Island Developing States;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:4:y:2012:i:8:p:1908-1932:d:19606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.