Forest management policies and resource balance in China: an assessment of the current situation
Using the latest forest inventory, this paper provides a comprehensive analysis of China's forest sector by focusing on new forest trends, forest policy changes and challenges to achieve a sustainable forest management. We analyze the dynamics of forest resources and provide an impact assessment of forest policies on China's forestry development over the last decades. Moreover, the analysis of the forest market highlights substantial disequilibria marked by a limited domestic supply potential and a growing demand for forest products satisfied by increasing imports. Internal and external solutions are explored and their implications for China and supplying countries are assessed.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00144898/en/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Sen & Cornelis van Kooten, G. & Wilson, Bill, 2004. "Mosaic of reform: forest policy in post-1978 China," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 71-83, January.
- Yin, Runsheng, 1998. "Forestry and the environment in China: the current situation and strategic choices," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2153-2167, December.
- Chen, Le & Heerink, Nico & van den Berg, Marrit, 2006. "Energy consumption in rural China: A household model for three villages in Jiangxi Province," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 407-420, June.
- D Murger, Sylvie & Yang, Weiyong, 2006. "Economic changes and afforestation incentives in rural China," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(05), pages 629-649, October.
- Sylvie Démurger & Weiyong Yang, 2006. "Economic changes and afforestation incentives in rural China," Post-Print halshs-00120383, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00144898. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.