Exploring Spatial Features Of Science-Industry Partnerships: A Study On French Data
The aim of this paper is to provide explanatory elements of the geography of collaboration by testing various potential factors related to the partners' features (sector of activity, location, affiliation to a parent firm, ...) and to the pair of regions involved in the partnership (economic and scientific endowment of regions and proximities that separate them). Based on a database collecting around 15 000 Science‐Industry agreements signed in France between 1981 and 2006, we first realized a probit model that focus on the local dimension of science-industry collaborations on an inter-individual level. We then test a gravity model (sample selection model) in order to explain the probability and the intensity of interregional collaborations.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Papers in Regional Science, Springer Verlag, 2011, pp.10.1111/j.1435-5957.2011.00385.x. <10.1111/j.1435-5957.2011.00385.x>|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00566109|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- Puga, Diego, 1999.
"The rise and fall of regional inequalities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 303-334, February.
- Puga, Diego, 1997. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEPR Discussion Papers 1575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diego Puga, 1996. "The rise and fall of regional inequalities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20643, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Diego Puga, 1996. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEP Discussion Papers dp0314, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nocolas Carayol, 2003.
"Objectives , Agreements and Matching in Science-Industry Collaborations : Reassembling the Pieces of the Puzzle,"
- Carayol, Nicolas, 2003. "Objectives, agreements and matching in science-industry collaborations: reassembling the pieces of the puzzle," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 887-908, June.
- Thomas Scherngell & Yuanjia Hu, 2011. "Collaborative Knowledge Production in China: Regional Evidence from a Gravity Model Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 755-772.
- Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2010.
"The Spatial Evolution of Innovation Networks: A Proximity Perspective,"
in: The Handbook of Evolutionary Economic Geography, chapter 5
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2009. "The Spatial Evolution of Innovation Networks: A Proximity Perspective," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0905, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jun 2009.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2009.
"Geographic proximity and firm-university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain,"
IFS Working Papers
W09/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2011. "Geographic proximity and firm--university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(6), pages 949-977, November.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2008. "Geographic Proximity and Firm-University Innovation Linkages: evidence from Great Britain," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/200, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Hoekman, Jarno & Frenken, Koen & Tijssen, Robert J.W., 2010. "Research collaboration at a distance: Changing spatial patterns of scientific collaboration within Europe," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 662-673, June.
- Mario A. Maggioni & Mario Nosvelli & Teodora Erika Uberti, 2007. "Space versus networks in the geography of innovation: A European analysis," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 471-493, 08.
- Frenken, Koen & Hardeman, Sjoerd & Hoekman, Jarno, 2009. "Spatial scientometrics: Towards a cumulative research program," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 222-232.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Jacques Mairesse & Nadine Massard, 2007.
"Spatial knowledge diffusion through collaborative networks,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 341-350, 08.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Nadine Massard & Jacques Mairesse, 2007. "Spatial knowledge diffusion through collaborative networks," Post-Print ujm-00176398, HAL.
- Jasjit Singh, 2005. "Collaborative Networks as Determinants of Knowledge Diffusion Patterns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(5), pages 756-770, May.
- Pablo D'Este & Simona Iammarino, 2010. "The spatial profile of university-business research partnerships," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 335-350, 06.
- Roderik Ponds & Frank van Oort & Koen Frenken, 2007. "The geographical and institutional proximity of research collaboration," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 423-443, 08.
- Wagner, Caroline S. & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2005. "Network structure, self-organization, and the growth of international collaboration in science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1608-1618, December.
- Edward M. Bergman, 2010. "Knowledge links between European universities and firms: A review," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 311-333, 06.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00566109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.