La dimension spatiale des collaborations pour l'innovation: une analyse sur données Cifre (1981-2006)
The aim of this paper is to provide new insights about the dynamic of the geography of knowledge collaborations and structural effects, such as size effects. We propose, in a first part of the paper, a theoretical model of partners adoption that highlights the potential roles in the geography of collaborations of both, the geography of resources and the history of partnerships (lock in effects). Thanks to a database that collects 14 000 Cifre contracts signed between 1981 and 2006, we realize, in a second part, two complementary econometric tests. Three important results are revealing: the geography of partnerships is structured by inertia, regional, size effects.
|Date of creation:||04 Jun 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00489364v2|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2010.
"The Spatial Evolution of Innovation Networks: A Proximity Perspective,"
in: The Handbook of Evolutionary Economic Geography, chapter 5
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2009. "The Spatial Evolution of Innovation Networks: A Proximity Perspective," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0905, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jun 2009.
- Keld Laursen & Toke Reichstein & Ammon Salter, 2011. "Exploring the Effect of Geographical Proximity and University Quality on University-Industry Collaboration in the United Kingdom," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 507-523.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Eric Brouillat & Yannick Lung, 2010.
"Spatial distribution of innovative activities and economic performances: a geographical-friendly model,"
- Eric BROUILLAT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Yannick LUNG (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2010. "Spatial distribution of innovative activities and economic performances: A geographical-friendly model," Cahiers du GREThA 2010-11, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Roderik Ponds & Frank van Oort & Koen Frenken, 2007. "The geographical and institutional proximity of research collaboration," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 423-443, 08.
- Diego Puga, 1996.
"The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0314, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nocolas Carayol, 2003.
"Objectives , Agreements and Matching in Science-Industry Collaborations : Reassembling the Pieces of the Puzzle,"
- Carayol, Nicolas, 2003. "Objectives, agreements and matching in science-industry collaborations: reassembling the pieces of the puzzle," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 887-908, June.
- Edward M. Bergman, 2010. "Knowledge links between European universities and firms: A review," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 311-333, 06.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Nadine Massard & Jacques Mairesse, 2007.
"Spatial knowledge diffusion through collaborative networks,"
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Jacques Mairesse & Nadine Massard, 2007. "Spatial knowledge diffusion through collaborative networks," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 341-350, 08.
- Marie Ferru, 2010. "Formation Process and Geography of Science-Industry Partnerships: The Case of the University of Poitiers," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 531-549.
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- Frenken, Koen & Hardeman, Sjoerd & Hoekman, Jarno, 2009. "Spatial scientometrics: Towards a cumulative research program," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 222-232.
- Mario A. Maggioni & Mario Nosvelli & Teodora Erika Uberti, 2007. "Space versus networks in the geography of innovation: A European analysis," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 471-493, 08.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2009.
"Geographic proximity and firm-university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain,"
IFS Working Papers
W09/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2011. "Geographic proximity and firm--university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(6), pages 949-977, November.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2008. "Geographic Proximity and Firm-University Innovation Linkages: evidence from Great Britain," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/200, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Wagner, Caroline S. & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2005. "Network structure, self-organization, and the growth of international collaboration in science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1608-1618, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00489364. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.