La modération salariale : le point de vue des (néo-)kaleckiens
According to orthodoxy, wage moderation policies are a good way to support growth and employment. The recent versions of the (neo-)Kaleckian model criticise this assertion. We present and discuss this model in its canonical form. Then we take into account some important developments: endogenous rate of mark-up in a wage bargaining frame, technical progress and open economy.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2006|
|Publication status:||Published in Colloque "État et régulation sociale"Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne-Matisse, Sep 2006, Paris, France|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00196500|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcello M. Estevão, 2005. "Product Market Regulation and the Benefits of Wage Moderation," IMF Working Papers 05/191, International Monetary Fund.
- Lavoie, Marc, 1995.
"The Kaleckian Model of Growth and Distribution and Its Neo-Ricardian and Neo-Marxian Critiques,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(6), pages 789-818, December.
- Lavoie, M., 1992. "The Kaleckian Model of Growth and Distribution and its Neo-Ricardian and Neo-Marxian Critiques," Working Papers 9201e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2004. "Is there an equilibrium rate of unemployment in the long run?," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 59-77.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2000. "Is There an Equilibrium Rate of Unemployment in the Long Run?," Working Papers geewp10, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Nicholas Sarantis, 1991. "Distribution and Terms of Trade Dynamics, Inflation, and Growth," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 13(2), pages 175-198, January.
- Stockhammer, Engelbert, 1999. "Robinsonian and Kaleckian growth. An update on post-Keynesian growth theories," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 186, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 1999. "Robinsonian and Kaleckian Growth. An Update on Post-Keynesian Growth Theories," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp067, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Katharine G. Abraham & John C. Haltiwanger, 1995. "Real Wages and the Business Cycle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1215-1264, September.
- Marc Lavoie, 2006. "A Post-Keynesian Amendment To The New Consensus On Monetary Policy," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 165-192, 05.
- Bhaduri, Amit & Marglin, Stephen, 1990. "Unemployment and the Real Wage: The Economic Basis for Contesting Political Ideologies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 375-393, December.
- Nicolas Canry, 2007. "La part salariale dans le PIB en France : comment corriger au mieux le phénomène de la salarisation croissante de l'emploi ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00149403, HAL.
- Marco Missaglia, 2007. "Demand Policies For Long-Run Growth: Being Keynesian Both In The Short And In The Long Run?," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 74-94, 02.
- Mario Cassetti, 2003. "Bargaining power, effective demand and technical progress: a Kaleckian model of growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 449-464, May.
- Ozlem Onaran & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2005. "Do Profits Affect Investment And Employment? An Emprical Test Based On The Bhaduri-Marglin Model," Working Papers geewp44, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Eckhard Hein, 2005. "Wage Bargaining and Monetary Policy in the EMU: A Post Keynesian Perspective," Chapters,in: Contemporary Post Keynesian Analysis, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1984. "Stagnation, Income Distribution and Monopoly Power," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 25-40, March.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2006. "The nature and role of monetary policy when money is endogenous," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(6), pages 847-860, November.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2003. "The Nature and Role of Monetary Policy When Money Is Endogenous," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_374, Levy Economics Institute.
- Anne Dufresne, 2004. "Le discours de la BCE concernant les aspects sociaux," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/47231, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Fabio Hideki Ono & José Luis Oreiro, 2004. "Technological Progress, Income Distribution And Capacity Utilisation: A Computer Simulation-Based Analysis," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 085, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Blecker, Robert A, 1989. "International Competition, Income Distribution and Economic Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 395-412, September.
- Antonella Palumbo & Attilio Trezzini, 2003. "Growth without normal capacity utilization," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 109-135.
- Dominique Redor, 1997. "Does the Public Sector Lead the Wage Evolution in the French Economy?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 11(2), pages 351-372, 06.
- C. W. M. Naastepad, 2006. "Technology, demand and distribution: a cumulative growth model with an application to the Dutch productivity growth slowdown," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(3), pages 403-434, May.
- Eckhard Hein & Carsten Ochsen, 2003. "Regimes of Interest Rates, Income Shares, Savings and Investment: A Kaleckian Model and Empirical Estimations for some Advanced OECD Economies," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 404-433, November.
- Roger Backhouse, 2004. "History and equilibrium: A partial defense of equilibrium economics," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 291-305.
- Hassan Bougrine & Mario Seccareccia, 1999. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment: An analysis of the aggregate demand-side effects for postwar Canada," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 5-21.
- A. Asimakopulos, 1975. "A Kaleckian Theory of Income Distribution," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 8(3), pages 313-333, August.
- James R. Crotty, 1992. "Neoclassical and Keynesian Approaches to the Theory of Investment," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 14(4), pages 483-496, July.
- Robert A. Blecker, 1998. "International Competitiveness, Relative Wages, and the Balance-of-Payments Constraint," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 20(4), pages 495-526, July.
- You, Jong-Il, 1994. "Macroeconomic Structure, Endogenous Technical Change and Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 213-234, April.
- Marc Lavoie, 2003. "Kaleckian Effective Demand and Sraffian Normal Prices: Towards a reconciliation," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 53-74. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00196500. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.