The Stationarity Of Consumption-Income Ratios With Nonlinear And Asymmetric Unit Root Tests: Evidence From Fourteen Transition Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ogaki, Masao & Park, Joon Y., 1997.
"A cointegration approach to estimating preference parameters,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 107-134.
- Ogaki, M. & Park, Y.Y., 1989. "A Cointegration Approach To Estimating Preference Parameters," RCER Working Papers 209, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Kapetanios, George & Shin, Yongcheol & Snell, Andy, 2003. "Testing for a unit root in the nonlinear STAR framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 359-379, February.
- Moon, H.R.Hyungsik Roger & Perron, Benoit, 2004.
"Testing for a unit root in panels with dynamic factors,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 81-126, September.
- Hyungsik Roger MOON & Benoit PERRON, 2002. "Testing For A Unit Root In Panels With Dynamic Factors," Cahiers de recherche 18-2002, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- MOON, Hyungsik Roger & PERRON, Benoit., 2002. "Testing for a Unit Root in Panels with Dynamic Factors," Cahiers de recherche 2002-18, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters,in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sollis, Robert, 2009. "A simple unit root test against asymmetric STAR nonlinearity with an application to real exchange rates in Nordic countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 118-125, January.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2002.
"Nonlinear IV unit root tests in panels with cross-sectional dependency,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 261-292, October.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000. "Nonlinear IV Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-85, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2002. "Nonlinear IV Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Working Papers 2000-08, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Mario Cerrato & Christian de Peretti & Chris Stewart, 2008. "Is the consumption-income ratio stationary? Evidence from a nonlinear panel unit root test for OECD and non-OECD countries," Working Papers 2008_27, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Paap, Richard & van Dijk, Herman K, 2003.
"Bayes Estimates of Markov Trends in Possibly Cointegrated Series: An Application to U.S. Consumption and Income,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(4), pages 547-563, October.
- Richard Paap & Herman K. van Dijk, 1999. "Bayes Estimates of Markov Trends in possibly Cointegrated Series: An Application to US Consumption and Income," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-024/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Paap, R. & van Dijk, H.K., 2002. "Bayes estimates of Markov trends in possibly cointegrated series: an application to US consumption and income," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2002-42, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2008. "The Relative Income Theory of Consumption: A Synthetic Keynes-Duesenberry-Friedman Model," Working Papers wp170, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Sollis, Robert & Leybourne, Stephen & Newbold, Paul, 2002. "Tests for Symmetric and Asymmetric Nonlinear Mean Reversion in Real Exchange Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 686-700, August.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak & Choy, Keen Meng, 2004. "The aggregate consumption puzzle in Singapore," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 563-578, June.
- Hall, Stephen G & Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin, 1997. "Cointegration and Changes in Regime: The Japanese Consumption Function," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 151-168, March-Apr.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1, July.
- Josep Lluís Carrion-i-Silvestre & Tomás del Barrio-Castro & Enrique López-Bazo, 2005.
"Breaking the panels: An application to the GDP per capita,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(2), pages 159-175, July.
- Josep Lluis Carrion Silvestre & Tomas del Barrio Castro & Enrique Lopez Bazo, 2003. "Breaking the panels. An application to the GDP per capita," Working Papers in Economics 97, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Brady, Ryan R., 2008.
"Structural breaks and consumer credit: Is consumption smoothing finally a reality?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1246-1268, September.
- Ryan R. Brady, 2006. "Structural Breaks and Consumer Credit: Is Consumption Smoothing Finally a Reality?," Departmental Working Papers 13, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Sarantis, Nicholas & Stewart, Chris, 1999. "Is the consumption-income ratio stationary? Evidence from panel unit root tests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 309-314, September.
- Simon Kuznets, 1946. "National Income: A Summary of Findings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kuzn46-2, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anelisa Nomatye & Andrew Phiri, 2018.
"Investigating the Macroeconomic Determinants of Hosehold Debt in South Africa,"
International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues,
Econjournals, vol. 8(2), pages 62-69.
- Anelisa Nomatye & Andrew Phiri, 2017. "Investigating the macroeconomic determinants of household debt in South Africa," Working Papers 1719, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University, revised Dec 2017.
- Nomatye, Anelisa & Phiri, Andrew, 2017. "Investigating the macroeconomic determinants of household debt in South Africa," MPRA Paper 83303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Stewart, Chris, 2018. "Is the consumption-income ratio stationary in African countries? Evidence from new time series tests that allow for structural breaks," Economics Discussion Papers 2018-2, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Mutascu, Mihai & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2012.
"Revisiting the Relationship between Electricity Consumption, Capital and Economic Growth: Cointegration and Causality Analysis in Romania,"
Journal for Economic Forecasting,
Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 97-120, September.
- Mutascu, Mihai & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2011. "Revisiting the relationship between electricity consumption, capital and economic growth: Cointegration and causality analysis in Romania," MPRA Paper 29233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hac:hacwop:20129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aysen Arac). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dehuntr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.