Control by proximity: evidence from Aerospace Valley competitiveness cluster (In French)
The objective of this paper is to determine how the proximity in its various dimensions (geographical and organisational in particular) supports the relations of control between actors. Based on an empirical analysis of the network of collaboration of the competitiveness cluster Aerospace Valley, we propose indicators allowing to clarify this control. This analysis enables us to identify the actors in position to exert this control in the cluster. By using centrality indicators of the actors within the network, we could observe the position of control of certain establishments and groups in the cluster. We show that the historically central actors preserve the control of the relations within the cluster, characterized by a geographical proximity between the partners. We also show that major suppliers, such as Safran or Thales, exert a control more targeted through a strategic management of the collaborations portfolio of their establishments. Lastly, the public laboratories and the universities occupy a place of intermediary in the network of innovation.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue Léon Duguit, 33608 Pessac Cedex|
Phone: +33 (0)22.214.171.124.75
Fax: +33 (0)126.96.36.199.47
Web page: http://gretha.u-bordeaux4.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pascal Philippart, 2005.
"La dialogique contrat-confiance dans la gestion des alliances interentreprises:une illustration dans l’industrie automobile,"
Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie,
revues.org, vol. 8(4), pages 177-203, December.
- P. Philippart, 2005. "La dialogique contrat-confiance dans la gestion des alliances interentreprises : une illustration dans l'industrie automobile," Post-Print hal-00185472, HAL.
- Christophe Carrincazeaux & Michel Grossetti & Damien Talbot, 2008.
"Clusters, Proximities and Networks,"
European Planning Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(5), pages 613-616, June.
- Caroline Hussler & Patrick Ronde, 2005. "Les réseaux d'innovation des chercheurs universitaires sont-ils géographiquement circonscrits ?," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 109(1), pages 69-90.
- Franck Brulhart & Christophe Favoreu, 2006. "Le lien contrôle-confiance-performance dans les relations de partenariat logistique inter firmes," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 9(1), pages 59-96, March.
- Frederic Rychen & Jean-Benoit Zimmermann, 2008. "Clusters in the Global Knowledge-based Economy: Knowledge Gatekeepers and Temporary Proximity," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 767-776.
- Andre Torre, 2009.
"Retour sur la notion de Proximité Géographique,"
- Benassi, Mario, 1995. "Governance factors in a network process approach," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 269-281, September.
- Damien Talbot, 1998.
"The institutional dynamics at the origin of a new method of local administration: The relationship between AEROSPATIALE and its subcontractors,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa98p197, European Regional Science Association.
- Damien Talbot, 2000. "The institutional dynamics at the origin of a new method of "local" administration : the relationship between AEROSPATIALE and its subcontrators," Post-Print hal-00153074, HAL.
- Damien Talbot & Med Kechidi, 2010. "Institutions and coordination: what is the contribution of a proximity-based analysis? The case of Airbus and its relations with the subcontracting network," Post-Print hal-00383257, HAL.
- Cooke, Philip, 2001. "Regional Innovation Systems, Clusters, and the Knowledge Economy," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 945-974, December.
- Frédéric Bornarel, 2008. "Relations de confiance et renforcement du contrôle," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 11(1), pages 71-104, March.
- Olivier Bouba-Olga & Michel Grossetti, 2008.
"Socio-économie de proximité,"
- Vincent Frigant & Med Kechidi & Damien Talbot, 2006. "Les territoires de l'aéronautique : EADS, entre mondialisation et ancrage," Post-Print hal-00257451, HAL.
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- Anne Ter Wal & Ron Boschma, 2009. "Applying social network analysis in economic geography: framing some key analytic issues," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 739-756, September.
- Rachel Levy & Pascale Roux & Sandrine Wolff, 2006. "A Study Of Science-Industry Collaborative Patterns In A Large European University," Working Papers of BETA 2006-27, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Gwenaëlle Nogatchewsky, 2006. "L’impact de la dépendance sur les stratégies de contrôle d’un équipementier automobile vis-à-vis de ses fournisseurs:une lecture militaire," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 9(2), pages 89-119, June.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland, 2009. "Proximity and the Evolution of Collaboration Networks: Evidence from R&D Projects within the GNSS Industry," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0914, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Oct 2009.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grt:wpegrt:2010-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emmanuel Petit)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.