The changing geography of the European automobile system
Based on the research done by the European thematic network CoCKEAS (FP6), the paper analyses the recent changes in the European automobile geography. It discusses the impacts of the EU enlargement: integration of Central and Eastern European countries and new spatial competition for Southern European countries (Spain, Portugal). The study of the geographic distribution of automobile production within Europe focuses on the dynamic of specialisation of regions through collective learning processes, and the clustering of design and assembly activities (supplier parks).
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://gres.u-bordeaux4.fr/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anders Larsson, 2002. "The development and regional significance of the automotive industry: supplier parks in western Europe," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 767-784, December.
- Carrincazeaux, Christophe & Lung, Yannick & Rallet, Alain, 2001. "Proximity and localisation of corporate R&D activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 777-789, May.
- Arturo A. Lara Rivero, 2002. "Packard Electric/Delphi and the birth of the autopart cluster: the case of Chihuahua, Mexico," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 785-798, December.
- Yveline Lecler, 2002. "The cluster role in the development of the Thai car industry," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 799-814, December.
- Vincent Frigant, 2002. "Geographical proximity and supplying relationships in modular production," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 742-755, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grs:wpegrs:2003-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.