Mercosur in carmakers’ internationalisation trajectories (In French)
The paper analyses how carmakers integrate the Southern America Cone into their worldwide strategies: As a local emerging market? As a source for production and exports towards industrialised countries? As a source for design and export to other emerging markets? The discussion about Mercosur’s place in the carmakers’ internationalisation strategies is developed with specific attention to organisation of their local activities in terms of : product policy (specific product or adapted product) design policy (local adaptation of a global product or local design of a specific product) productive organisation (modular production or the role of suppliers) regional integration (spatial division of labour between countries).
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Frigant, 2002.
"Geographical proximity and supplying relationships in modular production,"
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 742-755, December.
- Vincent Frigant & Yannick Lung, 2002. "Geographical Proximity and Supplying Relationships in Modular Production," Post-Print hal-00204245, HAL.
- Ana Valeria Carneiro Dias & Mario Sergio Salerno, 2004. "International division of labour in product development activities: towards a selective decentralisation?," International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(2/3), pages 223-239.
- Marie-Claude Belis-Bergouignan & Gerard Bordenave & Yannick Lung, 2000. "Global Strategies in the Automobile Industry," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 41-53.
- Yannick Lung & Michel Freyssenet, 2004. "Multinational carmakers regional strategies," Post-Print hal-00248090, HAL.
- Jean-Bernard Layan & Yannick Lung, 2004. "The Dynamics of Regional Integration in the European Car Industry," Post-Print hal-00294269, HAL.
- Mario Sergio Salerno, 2001. "The characteristics and the role of modularity in the automotive business," International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 92-107.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grs:wpegrs:2006-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.