The globalization of the automotive First Tier Suppliers: an empirical study (In French)
We present in this paper some results of a study about the globalization of the automotive First Tiers Suppliers. Our study is based on a sample of 30 suppliers, and we try to measure their degree of internationalization. We consider two types of variables: the sales and the location of production. We stress that the suppliers are engaged into globalization even if the domestic markets stay primordial. We try to identify the foundations of this globalization and to draw conclusions concerning the future locations of suppliers.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://gres.u-bordeaux4.fr/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Frigant, 2002. "Geographical proximity and supplying relationships in modular production," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 742-755, December.
- Vincent Frigant, 2001. "Une lecture hirschmanienne de la coordination : le loyalisme dans les systèmes productifs territorialisés," Post-Print hal-00671624, HAL.
- Frigant, 2004.
"Modularity: the foundations of an architect firm? (In French),"
- Vincent FRIGANT (E3i-IFReDE-GRES), 2004. "Modularity: the foundations of an architect firm? (In French)," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2004-02, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Vincent Frigant, 2001. "Une lecture hirschmaninne de la coordination : le loyalisme dans les systèmes productifs territorialisés," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(5), pages 743-762.
- Yannick LUNG (GRES-IFReDE-E3i and GERPISA), 2003. "The changing geography of the European automobile system," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2003-10, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grs:wpegrs:2004-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.