Attractiveness and agglomeration of automotive industry in Morocco and Tunisia: A comparative analysis (In French)
The paper proposes a comparative analysis of the development of the automotive industry in Morocco and Tunisia. In its first part, it analyses the convergence in the forms of international integration, oriented towards a subcontracting towards European Union, which leads to competition and also complementarities between these two countries. The role of multinational firms and governmental policies is discussed. Location of these automotive activities is analyzed in Part 2 to evaluate the agglomeration factors and the limits of spatial concentration.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://gres.u-bordeaux4.fr/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA), 2007. "Between Internationalisation and Proximity: the internationalisation process of automotive first tier suppliers," Cahiers du GREThA 2007-13, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Yannick Lung, 2002. "Introduction," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 737-741, December.
- Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA), 2007.
"Foreign Direct Investment: a comparative study of the attraction of Moroccan and Tunisian economies (In French),"
Cahiers du GREThA
2007-02, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA-GRES) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA-GRES), 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment: a comparative study of the attraction of Moroccan and Tunisian economies (In French)," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2007-05, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Dani Rodrik, 2007.
"Introductiion to One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth
[One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
- Vincent Frigant, 2002. "Geographical proximity and supplying relationships in modular production," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 742-755, December.
- Yannick LUNG (GRES-IFReDE-E3i and GERPISA), 2003. "The changing geography of the European automobile system," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2003-10, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Jean-Bernard LAYAN & Jean-Bernard LAYAN, 2007. "Les Nouvelles Configurations De L'Espace Automobile Méditerranéen," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 25, pages 157-176.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grs:wpegrs:2008-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.