The Challenges of the European Automotive Industry at the Beginning of the 21st Century. Summary of the main findings of the CoCKEAS project
The paper presents the main conclusions of the CoCKEAS European project (Coordinating Competencies and Knowledge in the European Automobile System). It analyses the main changes in the organisation of the European automotive system, not only in the relationships between carmakers and their first tier suppliers, but also in the relations they have with the other actors (upstream and downstream). It discusses the issues associated to the intangible dimension of this industry (financialisation and services), its new geography, and, finally, its distinctivness compared with is competitors (USA and Japan).
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://gres.u-bordeaux4.fr/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yannick LUNG (GRES-IFReDE-E3i and GERPISA), 2003.
"The changing geography of the European automobile system,"
Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009)
2003-10, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Yannick Lung, 2004. "The Changing Geography of the European Automotive System," Post-Print hal-00244036, HAL.
- Volpato, Giuseppe & Stocchetti, Andrea, 2002. "Managing information flows in supplier-customer relationships: issues, methods and emerging problems," MPRA Paper 30476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ulrich Jürgens & Yannick Lung & G. Volpato & Vincent Frigant, 2002.
"The Arrival of Shareholder Value in the European Car Industry A Case Study Comparison of Four Car Makers,"
- U. Jürgens & Yannick Lung & G. Volpato & Vincent Frigant, 2009. "The Arrival of Shareholder Value in the European Car Industry - A Case Study Comparison of Four Car Makers," Post-Print hal-00419139, HAL.
- Vincent Frigant, 2002.
"Geographical proximity and supplying relationships in modular production,"
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 742-755, December.
- Vincent Frigant & Yannick Lung, 2002. "Geographical Proximity and Supplying Relationships in Modular Production," Post-Print hal-00204245, HAL.
- Yannick Lung, 2002. "Introduction," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 737-741, December.
- Jürgens, Ulrich, 2003. "Characteristics of the European automotive system: Is there a distinctive European approach?," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Knowledge, Production Systems and Work SP III 2003-301, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grs:wpegrs:2004-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.