Price, inventories, and volatility in the global wheat market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- MacKinnon, James G & Haug, Alfred A & Michelis, Leo, 1999.
"Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 563-577, Sept.-Oct.
- Mackinnon, J.G. & Haug, A.A. & Michelis, L., 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a09, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- James G. MacKinnon & Alfred A. Haug & Leo Michelis, 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," Working Papers 1996_07, York University, Department of Economics.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1994.
"Inventories and the Short-Run Dynamics of Commodity Prices,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(1), pages 141-159, Spring.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1990. "Inventories and the Short-Run Dynamics of Commodity Prices," NBER Working Papers 3295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990. "Inventories and the short-run dynamics of commodity prices," Working papers 3133-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Joe Dewbre & Céline Giner & Wyatt Thompson & Martin Von Lampe, 2008. "High food commodity prices: will they stay? who will pay?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 393-403, November.
- Robert E. Young & Lori Wilcox & Brian Willott & Gary Adams & D. Scott Brown, 1997. "Consumer Food Prices from the Ground Up," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1673-1676.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992.
"Determination of Cointegration Rank in the Presence of a Linear Trend,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 383-397, August.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "Determination of Cointegration Rank in the Presence of a Linear Trend," Papers 76a, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kyösti S. Pietola & Robert J. Myers, 2000.
"Investment under Uncertainty and Dynamic Adjustment in the Finnish Pork Industry,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 956-967.
- Pietola, Kyosti & Myers, Robert J., 1998. "Investment Under Uncertainty And Dynamic Adjustment In Finnish Pork Industry," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20953, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- von Braun, Joachim & Torero, Maximo, 2008. "Physical and virtual global food reserves to protect the poor and prevent market failure:," Policy briefs 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Maurice J. Roche & Kieran McQuinn, 2003.
"Grain price volatility in a small open economy,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 77-98, March.
- Roche, M.J. & McQuinn, K., 2002. "Grain Price Volatility in a Small Open Economy," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1130202.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Deaton, Angus & Laroque, Guy, 1995. "Estimating a Nonlinear Rational Expectations Commodity Price Model with Unobservable State Variables," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(S), pages 9-40, Suppl. De.
- Deaton, Angus & Laroque, Guy, 1996. "Competitive Storage and Commodity Price Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(5), pages 896-923, October.
- Mitchell, Donald, 2008. "A note on rising food prices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4682, The World Bank.
- von Braun, Joachim & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela, 2009. ""Land grabbing" by foreign investors in developing countries: Risks and opportunities," Policy briefs 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Miranda, Mario J. & Rui, Xiongwen, 1997. "Maximum likelihood estimation of the nonlinear rational expectations asset pricing model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1493-1510, June.
- Leybourne, Stephen J. & Newbold, Paul, 2000. "BEHAVIOR OF DICKEYâ€“FULLER t-TESTS WHEN THERE IS A BREAK UNDER THE ALTERNATIVE HYPOTHESIS," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(5), pages 779-789, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emiliano Magrini & Ayca Donmez, 2013. "Agricultural Commodity Price Volatility and Its Macroeconomic Determinants: A GARCH-MIDAS Approach," JRC Working Papers JRC84138, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Mo, Di & Gupta, Rakesh & Li, Bin & Singh, Tarlok, 2018. "The macroeconomic determinants of commodity futures volatility: Evidence from Chinese and Indian markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 543-560.
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013.
"Food Price Volatility in Developing Countries and its Determinants,"
Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture,
Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 52(4), pages 1-32, November.
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013. "Food price volatility in developing countries and its determinants," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156132, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Dipak Dasgupta & R N Dubey & R Satish, 2011. "Domestic Wheat Price Formation and Food Inflation in India: International Prices, Domestic Drivers (Stocks, Weather, Public Policy), and the Efficacy of Public Policy Interventions in Wheat Markets," Working Papers id:4291, eSocialSciences.
- Dasgupta, Dipak & Dubey, R.N. & Sathish, R, 2011. "Domestic Wheat Price Formation and Food Inflation in India," MPRA Paper 31564, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational price; inventories; volatility; Wheat;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-07-31 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.