Measurement of agricultural productivity in Africa south of Sahara: A spatial typology application:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nkamleu, Guy Blaise & Nyemeck, Joachim & Sanogo, Diakalia, 2006. "Metafrontier Analysis of Technology Gap and Productivity Difference in African Agriculture," MPRA Paper 15103, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1995.
"Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1176-1209, December.
- Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, "undated". "Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture," Home Pages _068, University of Pennsylvania.
- Nkamleu, Guy Blaise, 2007. "Religious faith and agricultural growth: exploring some correlations in Africa," MPRA Paper 11131, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Anna Makles, 2012. "Stata tip 110: How to get the optimal k-means cluster solution," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 12(2), pages 347-351, June.
- Glenn Milligan & Martha Cooper, 1985. "An examination of procedures for determining the number of clusters in a data set," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 159-179, June.
- Dorosh, Paul & Wang, Hyoung-Gun & You, Liang & Schmidt, Emily, 2010. "Crop production and road connectivity in Sub-Saharan Africa : a spatial analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5385, The World Bank.
- Klaus Deininger & Derek Byerlee & Jonathan Lindsay & Andrew Norton & Harris Selod & Mercedes Stickler, 2011. "Rising Global Interest in Farmland : Can it Yield Sustainable and Equitable Benefits?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2263, June.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Céline Nauges & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2006. "Technology Adoption under Production Uncertainty: Theory and Application to Irrigation Technology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 657-670.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2009. "Generating plausible crop distribution maps for Sub-Saharan Africa using a spatially disaggregated data fusion and optimization approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(2-3), pages 126-140, February.
- Beatrice Conradie & Jenifer Piesse & Colin Thirtle, 2009. "District‐level total factor productivity in agriculture: Western Cape Province, South Africa, 1952–2002," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 265-280, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sauer, Johannes & Zilberman, David, 2009.
"Innovation Behaviour At Farm Level – Selection And Identification,"
83rd Annual Conference, March 30 - April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland
51073, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sauer, Johannes & Zilberman, David, 2009. "Innovation behaviour at farm level: Selection and identification," 49th Annual Conference, Kiel, Germany, September 30-October 2, 2009 53276, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Sauer, Johannes & Zilberman, David, 2010. "Innovation Behaviour At Farm Level – Selection And Identification," 114th Seminar, April 15-16, 2010, Berlin, Germany 61354, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gabriel S. Sampson & Edward D. Perry, 2019.
"Peer effects in the diffusion of water‐saving agricultural technologies,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 50(6), pages 693-706, November.
- Sampson, Gabriel & Perry, Edward, 2018. "Peer Effects in the Diffusion of Water Saving Agricultural Technologies," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274300, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Vangelis TZOUVELEKAS & Celine Nauges & Phoebe Koundouri & Margarita Genius, "undated".
"Information Spillovers in Irrigation Technology Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Visits and Spatial Effects,"
DEOS Working Papers
1133, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Margarita Genius & Phoebe Koundouri & Celine Nauges & Vangelis TZOUVELEKAS, "undated". "Information Spillovers in Irrigation Technology Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Visits and Spatial Effects," DEOS Working Papers 1319, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Celine Nauges & Vangelis TZOUVELEKAS, "undated".
"The Effect Of Production Uncertainty And Information Dissemination On The Diffusion Of Irrigation Technologies,"
DEOS Working Papers
1009, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- KOUNDOURI Phoebe & NAUGES CÃ©line & TZOUVELEKAS Vangelis, 2009. "The Effect Of Production Uncertainty And Information Dissemination On The Diffusion Of Irrigation Technologies," LERNA Working Papers 09.06.282, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Koundouri, Phoebe & Nauges, Céline & Tzouvelekas, Vangelis, 2009. "The Effect of Production Uncertainty and Information Dissemination of the Diffusion of Irrigation Technologies," TSE Working Papers 09-032, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Raju Ghimire & Wen-Chi Huang, 2015. "Household wealth and adoption of improved maize varieties in Nepal: a double-hurdle approach," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(6), pages 1321-1335, December.
- Waters, James, 2013. "The influence of information sources on inter- and intra-firm diffusion: evidence from UK farming," MPRA Paper 50955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aklin, M. & Bayer, P. & Harish, S.P. & Urpelainen, J., 2018. "Economics of household technology adoption in developing countries: Evidence from solar technology adoption in rural India," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 35-46.
- Sauer, Johannes & Zilberman, David, 2009. "Innovation behaviour at micro level - selection and identification," CUDARE Working Papers 120636, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Tessema, Yohannis Mulu & Asafu-Adjaye, John & Kassie, Menale & Mallawaarachchi, Thilak, 2016. "Do neighbours matter in technology adoption? The case of conservation tillage in northwest Ethiopia," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(3).
- Islam, Asadul & Ushchev, Philip & Zenou, Yves & Zhang, Xin, 2019. "The Value of Information in Technology Adoption," IZA Discussion Papers 12672, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Richard Damania & Alvaro Federico Barra & Mathilde Burnouf & Jason Daniel Russ, 2016. "Transport, Economic Growth, and Deforestation in the Democratic Republic of Congo," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24044, The World Bank.
- Sauer, Johannes & Zilberman, David D., 2009. "Innovation behaviour at micro level - selection and identification," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6t49r0fh, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Ogada, Maurice Juma & Nyangena, Wilfred & Yesuf, Mahmud, 2010. "Production risk and farm technology adoption in the rain-fed semi-arid lands of Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 1-16, June.
- Steven Glover & Sam Jones, 2016. "Can commercial farming promote rural dynamism in sub-Saharan Africa? Evidence from Mozambique," WIDER Working Paper Series 120, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Simtowe, Franklin & Kassie, Menale & Diagne, Aliou & Asfaw, Solomon & Shiferaw, Bekele & Silim, Said & Muange, Elijah, 2011.
"Determinants of Agricultural Technology Adoption: The Case of Improved Pigeonpea Varieties in Tanzania,"
Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 50(4), pages 1-21.
- Simtowe, Franklin, 2011. "Determinants of Agricultural Technology adoption: the Case of Improved Pigeonpea Varieties in Tanzania," MPRA Paper 41329, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maurice Ogada & Germano Mwabu & Diana Muchai, 2014. "Farm technology adoption in Kenya: a simultaneous estimation of inorganic fertilizer and improved maize variety adoption decisions," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Juma, Maurice & Nyangena, Wilfred & Yesuf, Mahmud, 2090. "Production Risk and Farm Technology Adoption in Rain-Fed, Semi-Arid Lands of Kenya," Discussion Papers dp-09-22-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Steven Glover & Sam Jones, 2016. "Can commercial farming promote rural dynamism in sub-Saharan Africa?: Evidence from Mozambique," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2016-120, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- César Salazar & John Rand, 2016. "Production risk and adoption of irrigation technology: evidence from small-scale farmers in Chile," Latin American Economic Review, Springer;Centro de Investigaciòn y Docencia Económica (CIDE), vol. 25(1), pages 1-37, December.
- Feng, Y. & Devlin, N. & Bateman, A. & Zamora, B. & Parkin, D., 2016. "The Distribution of the EQ-5D-5L Index in Patient Populations," Research Papers 001756, Office of Health Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsproductivity; Agricultural policies; Markets; Market access; Economic development; Population density; Typology; farming systems;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2015-03-13 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2015-03-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2015-03-13 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2015-03-13 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.