Economic development, external shocks, and food security in Tajikistan:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lerman, Zvi*Csaki, Csaba*Feder, Gershon, 2002. "Land policies and evolving farm structures in transition countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2794, The World Bank.
- Patricia Justino & Olga Shemyakina, 2012.
"Remittances and labor supply in post-conflict Tajikistan,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Patricia Justino & Olga Shemyakina, 2010. "Remittances and Labor Supply in Post-Conflict Tajikistan," Research Working Papers 35, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Patricia Justino & Olga Shemyakina, 2010. "Remittances and Labor Supply in Post-Conflict Tajikistan," HiCN Working Papers 83, Households in Conflict Network.
- Azzarri, Carlo & Zezza, Alberto, 2011. "International migration and nutritional outcomes in Tajikistan," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 54-70, February.
- Zezza, Alberto & Davis, Benjamin & Azzarri, Carlo & Covarrubias, Katia & Tasciotti, Luca & Anríquez, Gustavo, 2008.
"The impact of rising food prices on the poor,"
ESA Working Papers
289027, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Alberto Zezza & Benjamin Davis & Carlo Azzarri & Katia Covarrubias & Luca Tasciotti & Gustavo Anriquez, 2008. "The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor," Working Papers 08-07, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Zezza, Alberto & Davis, Benjamin & Azzarri, Carlo & Covarrubias, Katia & Tasciotti, Luca & Anriquez, Gustavo, 2009. "The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51696, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter B. R. & Reardon, Thomas, 2009. "Transforming the rural nonfarm economy: Opportunities and threats in the developing world," Issue briefs 58, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ecker, Olivier & Breisinger, Clemens & McCool, Christen & Diao, Xinshen & Funes, Jose & You, Liangzhi & Yu, Bingxin, 2010. "Assessing food security in Yemen," IFPRI discussion papers 982, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Donald F. Larson & Julian Lampietti & Christophe Gouel & Carlo Cafiero & John Roberts, 2014.
"Food Security and Storage in the Middle East and North Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 28(1), pages 48-73.
- Larson, Donald F. & Lampietti, Julian & Gouel, Christophe & Cafiero, Carlo & Roberts, John, 2012. "Food security and storage in the Middle East and North Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6031, The World Bank.
- Donald F. Larson & Julian Lampietti & Christophe Gouel & Carlo Cafiero & John Roberts, 2014. "Food security and storage in the Middle East and North Africa," Post-Print hal-01186946, HAL.
- von Braun, Joachim & Torero, Maximo, 2008. "Physical and virtual global food reserves to protect the poor and prevent market failure:," Policy briefs 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Helen Shahriari & Alexander M. Danzer & Renee Giovarelli & Asyl Undeland, 2009. "Improving Women’s Access to Land and Financial Resources in Tajikistan," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25981, The World Bank.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Robinson, Sherman & Thomas, Marcelle, 2002. "On boxes, contents, and users: Food security and the WTO negotiations," TMD discussion papers 82, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barbone, Luca & Reva, Anna & Zaidi, Salman, 2010. "Tajikistan : key priorities for climate change adaptation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5487, The World Bank.
- Spielman, David J. & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul, 2009. "Millions fed: Proven successes in agricultural development," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number Millions Fed Book: 2009, December.
- Scott Rozelle & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2004. "Success and Failure of Reform: Insights from the Transition of Agriculture," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 404-456, June.
- Akramov, Kamiljon T. & Yu, Bingxin & Fan, Shenggen, 2010. "Mountains, global food prices, and food security in the developing world," IFPRI discussion papers 989, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klümper, Frederike & Theesfeld, Insa & Herzfeld, Thomas, 2018. "Discrepancies between paper and practice in policy implementation: Tajikistan’s property rights and customary claims to land and water," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 327-339.
- Jarilkasin Ilyasov & Linde GÃ¶tz & Kamiljon Akramov & Paul Dorosh & Thomas Glauben, 2016.
"Market Integration and Price Transmission in Tajikistanâ€™s Wheat Markets: Rising Like Rockets but Falling Like Feathers?,"
- Ilyasov, Jarilkasin & GÃ¶tz, Linde & Akramov, Kamiljon T. & Dorosh, Paul A. & Glauben, Thomas, 2016. "Market integration and price transmission in Tajikistanâ€™s wheat markets: Rising like rockets but falling like feathers?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1547, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mukhamedova, Nozilakhon & Wegerich, Kai, 2018. "The feminization of agriculture in post-Soviet Tajikistan," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 128-139.
- Saule Burkitbayeva & Johan Swinnen & Nele Warrinnier, 2020. "Food and nutrition security in Eurasia: Evolution, shocks and policies," Russian Journal of Economics, ARPHA Platform, vol. 6(1), pages 6-25, March.
- Theesfeld Insa & Klümper Frederike, 2016. "Interplay between structural change in Central Asian agriculture and institutional scarcity of land and water: evidence from Tajikistan," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 60(1-2), pages 81-96, June.
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Grundke, Robert, 2020. "Export price shocks and rural labor markets: The role of labor market distortions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(C).
- Madeeha Qureshi & Ejaz Ghani & Musleh-ud Din & Usman Qadir, 2019. "Vulnerability in Food Supply and Food Access—Evidence from ECO Region," PIDE-Working Papers 2019:171, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Pascal Jaupart, 2019. "No country for young men: International migration and left‐behind children in Tajikistan," Economics of Transition and Institutional Change, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(3), pages 579-614, July.
- Klümper, Frederike & Theesfeld, Insa, 2017. "The land-water-food nexus: expanding the social-ecological system framework to link land and water governance," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1-16.
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Grundke, Robert, 2016.
"Coerced Labor in the Cotton Sector: How Global Commodity Prices (Don't) Transmit to the Poor,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9971, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alexander M. Danzer & Robert Grundke, 2016. "Coerced Labor in the Cotton Sector: How Global Commodity Prices (Don't) Transmit to the Poor," CESifo Working Paper Series 5937, CESifo.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; Remittances; Poverty reduction; Shocks;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-05-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CWA-2012-05-02 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2012-05-02 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.