Stock market reaction to financial statement certification by bank holding company CEOs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hirtle, Beverly, 2006. "Stock Market Reaction to Financial Statement Certification by Bank Holding Company CEOs," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 1263-1291, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, M., 2004.
"Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 419-460, March.
- Mark J. Flannery & Simon H. Kwan & Mahendrarajah Nimalendran, 1997. "Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets," Proceedings 560, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Simon H. Kwan & Mark J. Flannery & M. Nimalendran, 1999. "Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 99-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Groznik, Peter & Haslem, Bruce, 2007. "Is CEO certification of earnings numbers value-relevant?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 611-635, December.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Donald P. Morgan, 2002. "Rating Banks: Risk and Uncertainty in an Opaque Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 874-888, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Flannery, Mark & Hirtle, Beverly & Kovner, Anna, 2017.
"Evaluating the information in the federal reserve stress tests,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-18.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Hirtle, Beverly & Kovner, Anna, 2015. "Evaluating the information in the Federal Reserve stress tests," Staff Reports 744, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Aug 2016.
- Guo Li & Lee Sanning & Sherrill Shaffer, 2009. "Statistical Opacity In The U.S. Banking Industry," CAMA Working Papers 2009-16, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Tri Vi Dang & Gary Gorton & Bengt Holmström & Guillermo Ordoñez, 2017.
"Banks as Secret Keepers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(4), pages 1005-1029, April.
- Tri Vi Dang & Gary Gorton & Bengt Holmström & Guillermo Ordonez, 2014. "Banks as Secret Keepers," NBER Working Papers 20255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tri Vi Dang & Gary Gorton & Beng Holmstrom & Guillermo Ordonez, 2014. "Banks as Secret Keepers," PIER Working Paper Archive 14-022, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, Mahendrarajah, 2013. "The 2007–2009 financial crisis and bank opaqueness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 55-84.
- Premti, Arjan & Garcia-Feijoo, Luis & Madura, Jeff, 2017. "Information content of analyst recommendations in the banking industry," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 35-47.
- Choi, Dong Boem & Eisenbach, Thomas M. & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2015. "Watering a lemon tree: heterogeneous risk taking and monetary policy transmission," Staff Reports 724, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Nov 2017.
- Christina E. Bannier & Patrick Behr & Andre Güttler, 2010.
"Rating opaque borrowers: why are unsolicited ratings lower?,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 263-294.
- Bannier, Christina E. & Behr, Patrick & Güttler, André, 2009. "Rating opaque borrowers: why are unsolicited ratings lower?," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 133, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Michael R King & Steven Ongena & Nikola Tarashev, 2016. "Bank standalone credit ratings," BIS Working Papers 542, Bank for International Settlements.
- Iannotta, Giuliano & Kwan, Simon H., 2013. "The Impact of Reserves Practices on Bank Opacity," Working Paper Series 2013-35, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 01 Jul 2014.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:176-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karlo Kauko, 2016. "Does Opaqueness Make Equity Capital Expensive for Banks?," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, vol. 17(2), pages 203-227, February.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:32:y:2017:i:c:p:115-123 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBank holding companies ; Executives ; Securities and Exchange Commission ; Securities ; Banks and banking - Accounting ; Corporations - Accounting ; Financial institutions - Law and legislation ; Banking law;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2004-09-05 (Business Economics)
- NEP-FIN-2004-09-05 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2004-09-05 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednsr:170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .