Green and Competitive? Evidence from the Stock Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arora Seema & Cason Timothy N., 1995. "An Experiment in Voluntary Environmental Regulation: Participation in EPA's 33/50 Program," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 271-286, May.
- Stephen J. Decanio & William E. Watkins, 1998. "Investment In Energy Efficiency: Do The Characteristics Of Firms Matter?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 95-107, February.
- Nancy L. Rose, 1985. "The Incidence of Regulatory Rents in the Motor Carrier Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 299-318, Autumn.
- O'Hara, Maureen & Shaw, Wayne, 1990. "Deposit Insurance and Wealth Effects: The Value of Being "Too Big to Fail."," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1587-1600, December.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Hamilton James T., 1995. "Pollution as News: Media and Stock Market Reactions to the Toxics Release Inventory Data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 98-113, January.
- Christie, William G., 1994. "Are Dividend Omissions Truly the Cruelest Cut of All?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 459-480, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Facundo Albornoz & Matthew A. Cole & Robert J. R. Elliott & Marco G. Ercolani, 2009. "In Search of Environmental Spillovers," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 136-163, January.
- Ziegler, Andreas & Schröder, Michael, 2006. "What Determines the Inclusion in a Sustainability Stock Index? A Panel Data Analysis for European Companies," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-041, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Stango, Victor, 2003.
"Strategic Responses to Regulatory Threat in the Credit Card Market,"
Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 427-452, October.
- Victor Stango, 2002. "Strategic responses to regulatory threat in the credit card market," Working Paper Series WP-02-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Madhu Khanna, 2001. "Non‐Mandatory Approaches to Environmental Protection," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 291-324, July.
- Günther, Susanne, 2013. "Eine ökonomische Analyse der Systemrelevanz von Banken," Arbeitspapiere 139, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- Amarnath Ananthanarayanan, 1998. "Is There A Green Link A Panel Data Value Event Study Of The Relationship Between Capital Markets And Toxic Releases," Departmental Working Papers 199818, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Marco Stringa & Allan Monks, 2007. "Inter-industry contagion between UK life insurers and UK banks: an event study," Bank of England working papers 325, Bank of England.
- Olga Hawn & Aaron K. Chatterji & Will Mitchell, 2018. "Do investors actually value sustainability? New evidence from investor reactions to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 949-976, April.
- Frendy, & Hu, Dan, 2014. "Japanese stock market reaction to announcements of news affecting auditors’ reputation: The case of the Olympus fraud," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 206-224.
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Shimamoto, Kenichi, 2006.
"Globalization, firm-level characteristics and environmental management: A study of Japan,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 312-323, September.
- Matthew Cole, Robert Elliott and Kenichi Shimamoto, 2005. "Globalization, Firm-Level Characteristics and Environmental Management: A Study of Japan," Discussion Papers 05-17, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Luca Aguzzoni & Gregor Langus & Massimo Motta, 2013.
"The Effect of EU Antitrust Investigations and Fines on a Firm's Valuation,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 290-338, June.
- Langus, Gregor & Motta, Massimo, 2007. "The Effect of EU Antitrust Investigations and Fines on a Firm’s Valuation," CEPR Discussion Papers 6176, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- R. Bracke & T. Verbeke & V. Dejonckheere, 2007.
"What distinguishes EMAS participants? An exploration of company characteristics,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
07/459, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Roeland Bracke & Tom Verbeke, 2007. "What Distinguishes EMAS Participants? An Exploration of Company Characteristics," Working Papers 2007.37, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Capelle-Blancard, Gunther & Laguna, Marie-Aude, 2010.
"How does the stock market respond to chemical disasters?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 192-205, March.
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How Does the Stock Market Respond to Chemical Disasters?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00637961, HAL.
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How Does the Stock Market Respond to Chemical Disasters?," Post-Print halshs-00637961, HAL.
- K. Chau & S. Wong & C. Yiu & Maurice Tse & Frederik Pretorius, 2010. "Do Unexpected Land Auction Outcomes Bring New Information to the Real Estate Market?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 480-496, May.
- Urs von Arx & Andreas Ziegler, 2008. "The Effect of CSR on Stock Performance: New Evidence for the USA and Europe," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 08/85, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Erik E. Lehmann & Manuel T. Schwerdtfeger, 2016. "Evaluation of IPO-firm takeovers: an event study," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 921-938, December.
- Malmendier, Ulrike & Tate, Geoffrey, 2008.
"Who makes acquisitions? CEO overconfidence and the market's reaction,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 20-43, July.
- Malmendier, Ulrike M. & Tate, Geoffrey, 2003. "Who Makes Acquisitions? CEO Overconfidence and the Market's Reaction," Research Papers 1798, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate, 2004. "Who Makes Acquisitions? CEO Overconfidence and the Market's Reaction," NBER Working Papers 10813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Palomino, Frederic & Renneboog, Luc & Zhang, Chendi, 2009.
"Information salience, investor sentiment, and stock returns: The case of British soccer betting,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 368-387, June.
- Palomino, F.A. & Renneboog, L.D.R. & Zhang, C., 2008. "Information Salience, Investor Sentiment, and Stock Returns : The Case of British Soccer Betting," Other publications TiSEM 91f34e3c-7702-4ab3-bf1d-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Palomino, F.A. & Renneboog, L.D.R. & Zhang, C., 2008. "Information Salience, Investor Sentiment, and Stock Returns : The Case of British Soccer Betting," Discussion Paper 2008-99, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Hong, Jong Ho & Laplante, Benoit & Mamingi, Nlandu, 2006.
"Disclosure of environmental violations and stock market in the Republic of Korea,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 759-777, July.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Jong Ho Hong & Laplante, Benoit & Mamingi, Nlandu, 2004. "Disclosure of environmental violations and the stock market in the Republic of Korea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3344, The World Bank.
- Ji, Qiang & Guo, Jian-Feng, 2015. "Oil price volatility and oil-related events: An Internet concern study perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 256-264.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:stabus:1650. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/gsstaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.