The long–run macroeconomic impacts of fuel subsidies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Plante, Michael, 2014. "The long-run macroeconomic impacts of fuel subsidies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 129-143.
- Michael Plante, 2013. "The Long-Run Macroeconomic Impacts of Fuel Subsidies," Caepr Working Papers 2013-002, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben Aïssa, Mohamed Safouane & Rebei, Nooman, 2012.
"Price subsidies and the conduct of monetary policy,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 769-787.
- Nooman Rebei & Mohamed Safouane Ben Aissa, 2012. "Price Subsidies and the Conduct of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 12/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Catão, Luis A.V. & Chang, Roberto, 2015. "World food prices and monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 69-88.
- John M. Piotrowski & David Coady & Justin Tyson & Rolando Ossowski & Robert Gillingham & Shamsuddin Tareq, 2010. "Petroleum Product Subsidies; Costly, Inequitable, and On the Rise," IMF Staff Position Notes 2010/05, International Monetary Fund.
- Daniel J. Graham & Stephen Glaister, 2002. "The Demand for Automobile Fuel: A Survey of Elasticities," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 36(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Buffie, Edward & Adam, Christopher & O'Connell, Stephen & Pattillo, Catherine, 2008.
"Riding the wave: Monetary responses to aid surges in low-income countries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1378-1395, November.
- Edward Buffie & Christopher Adam & Stephen O'Connell & Catherine Patillo, 2006. "Riding the Wave: Monetary Responses to Aid Surges in Low-Income Countries," CSAE Working Paper Series 2006-04, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Anand, Rahul & Prasad, Eswar, 2010.
"Optimal Price Indices for Targeting Inflation under Incomplete Markets,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5137, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rahul Anand & Eswar S. Prasad, 2010. "Optimal Price Indices for Targeting Inflation Under Incomplete Markets," NBER Working Papers 16290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rahul Anand & Eswar S Prasad, 2010. "Optimal Price Indices for Targeting Inflation Under Incomplete Markets," IMF Working Papers 10/200, International Monetary Fund.
- David Coady & Taimur Baig & Joseph Ntamatungiro & Amine Mati, 2007. "Domestic Petroleum Product Prices and Subsidies; Recent Developments and Reform Strategies," IMF Working Papers 07/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert Gillingham & David Locke Newhouse & David Coady & Kangni R Kpodar & Moataz El-Said & Paulo A Medas, 2006.
"The Magnitude and Distribution of Fuel Subsidies; Evidence from Bolivia, Ghana, Jordan, Mali, and Sri Lanka,"
IMF Working Papers
06/247, International Monetary Fund.
- Kangni Kpodar & David Coady & Moataz El-Said & Robert Gillingham & Paulo Medas & David Newhouse, 2006. "The Magnitude and Distribution of Fuel Subsidies: Evidence from Bolivia, Ghana, Jordan, Mali, and Sri Lanka," Post-Print hal-00130176, HAL.
- Aleh Tsyvinski & Martin Petri & Günther Taube, 2002. "Energy Sector Quasi-Fiscal Activities in the Countries of the Former Soviet Union," IMF Working Papers 02/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Felix Reichling & Charles Whalen, 2012. "Review of Estimates of the Frisch Elasticity of Labor Supply: Working Paper 2012-13," Working Papers 43676, Congressional Budget Office.
- Larsen, Bjorn & Shah, Anwar & DEC, 1992. "World fossil fuel subsidies and global carbon emissions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1002, The World Bank.
- Kangni Kpodar & Calvin Djiofack, 2010.
"The Distributional Effects of Oil Price Changes on Household Income: Evidence from Mali,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 19(2), pages 205-236, March.
- Kangni R Kpodar, 2006. "Distributional Effects of Oil Price Changeson Household Expenditures; Evidence From Mali," IMF Working Papers 06/91, International Monetary Fund.
- Kangni Kpodar, 2011. "Impact de l'accroissement du prix des produits pétroliers sur la distribution des revenus au Mali," Working Papers halshs-00557133, HAL.
- Kangni KPODAR, 2007. "Impact de l’accroissement du prix des produits pétroliers sur la distribution des revenus au Mali," Working Papers 200701, CERDI.
- Pritha Mitra & Ruben V Atoyan, 2012. "Ukraine Gas Pricing Policy; Distributional Consequences of Tariff Increases," IMF Working Papers 12/247, International Monetary Fund.
- Ihrig, Jane & Moe, Karine S., 2004. "Lurking in the shadows: the informal sector and government policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 541-557, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerhard Glomm & Juergen Jung, 2015.
"A Macroeconomic Analysis Of Energy Subsidies In A Small Open Economy,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(4), pages 1783-1806, October.
- Gerhard Glomm & Juergen Jung, 2013. "A Macroeconomic Analysis of Energy Subsidies in a Small Open Economy," Working Papers 2013-02, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- Gerhard Glomm & Jürgen Jung, 2015. "A Macroeconomic Analysis of Energy Subsidies in a Small Open Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 5201, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:242-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nathan S. Balke, Michael Plante, and Mine Yücel, 2015.
"Fuel Subsidies, the Oil Market and the World Economy,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Adelman S).
- Balke, Nathan S. & Plante, Michael D. & Yucel, Mine K., 2014. "Fuel subsidies, the oil market and the world economy," Working Papers 1407, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-si1-davis is not listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel Di Bella & Lawrence Norton & Joseph Ntamatungiro & Sumiko Ogawa & Issouf Samaké & Marika Santoro, 2015. "Energy Subsidies in Latin America and the Caribbean; Stocktaking and Policy Challenges," IMF Working Papers 15/30, International Monetary Fund.
- Jun E Rentschler & Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2017. "Illicit dealings: Fossil fuel subsidy reforms and the role of tax evasion and smuggling," GRIPS Discussion Papers 17-05, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-si1-blazquez is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucas W. Davis, 2017. "The Environmental Cost of Global Fuel Subsidies," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(KAPSARC S).
- repec:oup:renvpo:v:11:y:2017:i:1:p:138-155. is not listed on IDEAS
- Hancevic, Pedro & Cont, Walter & Navajas, Fernando, 2016. "Energy populism and household welfare," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 464-474.
- Jiang, Zhujun & Ouyang, Xiaoling & Huang, Guangxiao, 2015. "The distributional impacts of removing energy subsidies in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 111-122.
- repec:spr:ieaple:v:17:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10784-017-9358-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arzaghi, Mohammad & Squalli, Jay, 2015. "How price inelastic is demand for gasoline in fuel-subsidizing economies?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 117-124.
- Scobie, Michelle, 2017. "Fossil fuel reform in developing states: The case of Trinidad and Tobago, a petroleum producing small Island developing State," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 265-273.
- Bentour, El Mostafa, 2015. "On the removal of energy products subsidies in an importing oil country: impacts on prices in Morocco," MPRA Paper 63635, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-05-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-05-05 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddwp:1303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .