The long–run macroeconomic impacts of fuel subsidies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Plante, Michael, 2014. "The long-run macroeconomic impacts of fuel subsidies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 129-143.
- Michael Plante, 2013. "The Long-Run Macroeconomic Impacts of Fuel Subsidies," Caepr Working Papers 2013-002, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben Aïssa, Mohamed Safouane & Rebei, Nooman, 2012.
"Price subsidies and the conduct of monetary policy,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 769-787.
- Nooman Rebei & Mohamed Safouane Ben Aissa, 2012. "Price Subsidies and the Conduct of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 12/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Catão, Luis A.V. & Chang, Roberto, 2015. "World food prices and monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 69-88.
- John M. Piotrowski & David Coady & Justin Tyson & Rolando Ossowski & Robert Gillingham & Shamsuddin Tareq, 2010. "Petroleum Product Subsidies; Costly, Inequitable, and On the Rise," IMF Staff Position Notes 2010/05, International Monetary Fund.
- Daniel J. Graham & Stephen Glaister, 2002. "The Demand for Automobile Fuel: A Survey of Elasticities," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 36(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Buffie, Edward & Adam, Christopher & O'Connell, Stephen & Pattillo, Catherine, 2008.
"Riding the wave: Monetary responses to aid surges in low-income countries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1378-1395, November.
- Edward Buffie & Christopher Adam & Stephen O'Connell & Catherine Patillo, 2006. "Riding the Wave: Monetary Responses to Aid Surges in Low-Income Countries," CSAE Working Paper Series 2006-04, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Anand, Rahul & Prasad, Eswar, 2010.
"Optimal Price Indices for Targeting Inflation under Incomplete Markets,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5137, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rahul Anand & Eswar S. Prasad, 2010. "Optimal Price Indices for Targeting Inflation Under Incomplete Markets," NBER Working Papers 16290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rahul Anand & Eswar S Prasad, 2010. "Optimal Price Indices for Targeting Inflation Under Incomplete Markets," IMF Working Papers 10/200, International Monetary Fund.
- David Coady & Taimur Baig & Joseph Ntamatungiro & Amine Mati, 2007. "Domestic Petroleum Product Prices and Subsidies; Recent Developments and Reform Strategies," IMF Working Papers 07/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert Gillingham & David Locke Newhouse & David Coady & Kangni R Kpodar & Moataz El-Said & Paulo A Medas, 2006.
"The Magnitude and Distribution of Fuel Subsidies; Evidence from Bolivia, Ghana, Jordan, Mali, and Sri Lanka,"
IMF Working Papers
06/247, International Monetary Fund.
- Kangni Kpodar & David Coady & Moataz El-Said & Robert Gillingham & Paulo Medas & David Newhouse, 2006. "The Magnitude and Distribution of Fuel Subsidies: Evidence from Bolivia, Ghana, Jordan, Mali, and Sri Lanka," Post-Print hal-00130176, HAL.
- Aleh Tsyvinski & Martin Petri & Günther Taube, 2002. "Energy Sector Quasi-Fiscal Activities in the Countries of the Former Soviet Union," IMF Working Papers 02/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Felix Reichling & Charles Whalen, 2012. "Review of Estimates of the Frisch Elasticity of Labor Supply: Working Paper 2012-13," Working Papers 43676, Congressional Budget Office.
- Larsen, Bjorn & Shah, Anwar & DEC, 1992. "World fossil fuel subsidies and global carbon emissions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1002, The World Bank.
- Kangni Kpodar & Calvin Djiofack, 2010.
"The Distributional Effects of Oil Price Changes on Household Income: Evidence from Mali,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 19(2), pages 205-236, March.
- Kangni R Kpodar, 2006. "Distributional Effects of Oil Price Changeson Household Expenditures; Evidence From Mali," IMF Working Papers 06/91, International Monetary Fund.
- Kangni Kpodar, 2011. "Impact de l'accroissement du prix des produits pétroliers sur la distribution des revenus au Mali," Working Papers halshs-00557133, HAL.
- Kangni KPODAR, 2007. "Impact de l’accroissement du prix des produits pétroliers sur la distribution des revenus au Mali," Working Papers 200701, CERDI.
- Pritha Mitra & Ruben V Atoyan, 2012. "Ukraine Gas Pricing Policy; Distributional Consequences of Tariff Increases," IMF Working Papers 12/247, International Monetary Fund.
- Ihrig, Jane & Moe, Karine S., 2004. "Lurking in the shadows: the informal sector and government policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 541-557, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:oup:renvpo:v:11:y:2017:i:1:p:138-155. is not listed on IDEAS
- Gerhard Glomm & Juergen Jung, 2015.
"A Macroeconomic Analysis Of Energy Subsidies In A Small Open Economy,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(4), pages 1783-1806, October.
- Gerhard Glomm & Juergen Jung, 2013. "A Macroeconomic Analysis of Energy Subsidies in a Small Open Economy," Working Papers 2013-02, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2014.
- Gerhard Glomm & Jürgen Jung, 2015. "A Macroeconomic Analysis of Energy Subsidies in a Small Open Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 5201, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:242-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nathan S. Balke, Michael Plante, and Mine Yücel, 2015.
"Fuel Subsidies, the Oil Market and the World Economy,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Adelman S).
- Balke, Nathan S. & Plante, Michael D. & Yucel, Mine K., 2014. "Fuel subsidies, the oil market and the world economy," Working Papers 1407, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Hancevic, Pedro & Cont, Walter & Navajas, Fernando, 2016. "Energy populism and household welfare," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 464-474.
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-si1-davis is not listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel Di Bella & Lawrence Norton & Joseph Ntamatungiro & Sumiko Ogawa & Issouf Samaké & Marika Santoro, 2015. "Energy Subsidies in Latin America and the Caribbean; Stocktaking and Policy Challenges," IMF Working Papers 15/30, International Monetary Fund.
- Jiang, Zhujun & Ouyang, Xiaoling & Huang, Guangxiao, 2015. "The distributional impacts of removing energy subsidies in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 111-122.
- repec:spr:ieaple:v:17:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10784-017-9358-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arzaghi, Mohammad & Squalli, Jay, 2015. "How price inelastic is demand for gasoline in fuel-subsidizing economies?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 117-124.
- Jun E Rentschler & Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2017. "Illicit dealings: Fossil fuel subsidy reforms and the role of tax evasion and smuggling," GRIPS Discussion Papers 17-05, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-si1-blazquez is not listed on IDEAS
- Scobie, Michelle, 2017. "Fossil fuel reform in developing states: The case of Trinidad and Tobago, a petroleum producing small Island developing State," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 265-273.
- Coxhead, Ian & Grainger, Corbett, 2018. "Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform in the Developing World: Who Wins, Who Loses, and Why?," Staff Paper Series 589, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Lucas W. Davis, 2017. "The Environmental Cost of Global Fuel Subsidies," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(KAPSARC S).
- Bentour, El Mostafa, 2015. "On the removal of energy products subsidies in an importing oil country: impacts on prices in Morocco," MPRA Paper 63635, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-05-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-05-05 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddwp:1303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.