Financial liberalization, market discipline and bank risk
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William C. Gruben, 1996. "Policy priorities and the Mexican exchange rate crisis," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q I, pages 19-29.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1982. "On identifying the degree of competitiveness from industry price and output data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 93-99.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000.
"Las crisis gemelas: las causas de los problemas bancarios y de balanza de pagos
[The twin crises: Te causes of banking and balance of payments problems]," MPRA Paper 13842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Bank regulation and supervision: what works best?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 205-248, April.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio Jr., Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2001. "Bank regulation and supervision : what works best?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2725, The World Bank.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio, Jr. & Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank Regulation and Supervision: What Works Best?," NBER Working Papers 9323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatoshi Ito & Anne O. Krueger, 1996. "Financial Deregulation and Integration in East Asia, NBER-EASE Volume 5," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number ito_96-1, January.
- John H. Boyd & Chun Chang & Bruce D. Smith, 1998.
"Moral hazard under commercial and universal banking,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 426-471.
- Boyd, John H & Chang, Chun & Smith, Bruce D, 1998. "Moral Hazard under Commercial and Universal Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 426-468, August.
- John H. Boyd & Chun Chang & Bruce D. Smith, 1998. "Moral hazard under commercial and universal banking," Working Papers 585, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Schmukler, Sergio L., 1999. "Do depositors punish banks for"bad"behavior? : market discipline in Argentina, Chile, and Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2058, The World Bank.
- Ronald I. McKinnon & Huw Pill, 1996. "Credible Liberalizations and International Capital Flows: The "Overborrowing Syndrome"," NBER Chapters,in: Financial Deregulation and Integration in East Asia, NBER-EASE Volume 5, pages 7-50 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- María Soledad Martínez-Peria & Sergio Schmukler, 2002.
"Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 5, pages 143-174
Central Bank of Chile.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2001. "Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1029-1051, June.
- Gruben, William C. & McComb, Robert P., 2003.
"Privatization, competition, and supercompetition in the Mexican commercial banking system,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 229-249, February.
- William C. Gruben & Robert P. McComb, 1999. "Privatization, competition, and supercompetition in the Mexican commercial banking system," Center for Latin America Working Papers 0199, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Gruben, William C. & McComb, Robert P., 1999. "Privatization, competition, and supercompetition in the Mexican commercial banking system," Working Papers 9904, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache, 2000. "Does Deposit Insurance Increase Banking System Stability?," IMF Working Papers 00/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 1993. "A Test of Competition in Canadian Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 49-61, February.
- Fukuda, Shin-ichi & Hoshi, Takeo & Ito, Takatoshi & Rose, Andrew, 2006. "International Finance," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 455-458, December.
- Sealey, Calvin W, Jr & Lindley, James T, 1977. "Inputs, Outputs, and a Theory of Production and Cost at Depository Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1251-1266, September.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1992. "Capital requirements and the behaviour of commercial banks," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1137-1170, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel, Betty C. & Jones, John Bailey, 2007.
"Financial liberalization and banking crises in emerging economies,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 202-221.
- Betty Daniel & John Bailey Jones, 2001. "Financial Liberalization and Banking Crises in Emerging Economies," Discussion Papers 01-04, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Betty C. Daniel & John Bailey Jones, 2001. "Financial liberalization and banking crises in emerging economies," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 2001-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Helmi Hamdi & Abdelaziz Hakimi & Mouldi Djelassi, 2013.
"Did Financial Liberalization Lead to Bank Fragility? Evidence from Tunisia,"
The International Journal of Business and Finance Research,
The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 7(5), pages 77-88.
- Hamdi, Helmi & Hakimi, Abdelaziz & Djelassi, Mouldi, 2013. "Did financial liberalization lead to bank fragility? Evidence from Tunisia," MPRA Paper 65075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:taf:jocebs:v:15:y:2017:i:2:p:127-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xiuping Hua & Anders C. Johansson & Xun Wang, 2017.
"National and regional financial openness in China,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 127-140.
- Hua, Xiuping & Johansson, Anders C. & Wang, Xun, 2015. "National and Regional Financial Openness in China," Stockholm School of Economics Asia Working Paper Series 2015-38, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute.
- M. Kabir Hassan & M. Ershad Hussain, 2006. "Depositor Discipline and Bank Risk-Taking Behavior: Evidence From the South-East Asian Financial Crises," NFI Working Papers 2006-WP-13, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2003-11-09 (Finance)
- NEP-IFN-2003-11-09 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddcl:0303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .