Carbon Storage and Bioenergy: Using Forests for Climate Mitigation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Favero, Alice & Mendelsohn, Robert & Sohngen, Brent, 2016. "Carbon Storage and Bioenergy: Using Forests for Climate Mitigation," MITP: Mitigation, Innovation and Transformation Pathways 232215, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
References listed on IDEAS
- Allison Thomson & Katherine Calvin & Steven Smith & G. Kyle & April Volke & Pralit Patel & Sabrina Delgado-Arias & Ben Bond-Lamberty & Marshall Wise & Leon Clarke & James Edmonds, 2011. "RCP4.5: a pathway for stabilization of radiative forcing by 2100," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 109(1), pages 77-94, November.
- Lubowski, Ruben N. & Plantinga, Andrew J. & Stavins, Robert N., 2006.
"Land-use change and carbon sinks: Econometric estimation of the carbon sequestration supply function,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 135-152, March.
- Lubowski, Ruben & Plantinga, Andrew & Stavins, Robert, 2005. "Land-Use Change and Carbon Sinks: Econometric Estimation of the Carbon Sequestration Supply Function," Working Paper Series rwp05-001, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Lubowski, Ruben N. & Plantinga, Andrew J. & Stavins, Robert N., 2005. "Land-Use Change and Carbon Sinks: Econometric Estimation of the Carbon Sequestration Supply Function," Discussion Papers 10561, Resources for the Future.
- Mason, Charles F. & Plantinga, Andrew J., 2013. "The additionality problem with offsets: Optimal contracts for carbon sequestration in forests," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 1-14.
- Tavoni, Massimo & Sohngen, Brent & Bosetti, Valentina, 2007.
"Forestry and the carbon market response to stabilize climate,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5346-5353, November.
- Massimo Tavoni & Valentina Bosetti & Brent Sohngen, 2007. "Forestry and the Carbon Market Response to Stabilize Climate," Working Papers 2007.15, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Tavoni, Massimo & Bosetti, Valentina & Sohngen, Brent, 2007. "Forestry and the Carbon Market Response to Stabilize Climate," Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers 10263, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Krister Andersson & Kenneth R. Richards, 2001. "Implementing an international carbon sequestration program: can the leaky sink be fixed?," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 173-188, June.
- Bosetti, Valentina & De Cian, Enrica & Sgobbi, Alessandra & Tavoni, Massimo, 2009.
"The 2008 WITCH Model: New Model Features and Baseline,"
Sustainable Development Papers
55284, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Enrica De Cian & Valentina Bosetti & Alessandra Sgobbi & Massimo Tavoni, 2009. "The 2008 WITCH Model: New Model Features and Baseline," Working Papers 2009.85, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Brent Sohngen & Robert Mendelsohn, 2003. "An Optimal Control Model of Forest Carbon Sequestration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 448-457.
- Carraro, Carlo & Favero, Alice & Massetti, Emanuele, 2012. "“Investments and public finance in a green, low carbon, economy”," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(S1), pages 15-28.
- Geoffrey Blanford & James Merrick & Richard Richels & Steven Rose, 2014. "Trade-offs between mitigation costs and temperature change," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 527-541, April.
- Rose, Steven K. & Ahammad, Helal & Eickhout, Bas & Fisher, Brian & Kurosawa, Atsushi & Rao, Shilpa & Riahi, Keywan & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2012. "Land-based mitigation in climate stabilization," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 365-380.
- Kenneth Gillingham & Steven Smith & Ronald Sands, 2008. "Impact of bioenergy crops in a carbon dioxide constrained world: an application of the MiniCAM energy-agriculture and land use model," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 13(7), pages 675-701, August.
- Sedjo, Roger A., 2011. "Carbon Neutrality and Bioenergy: A Zero-Sum Game?," Discussion Papers dp-11-15, Resources For the Future.
- Robert N. Stavins, 1999. "The Costs of Carbon Sequestration: A Revealed-Preference Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 994-1009, September.
- Hertel, Thomas & Golub, Alla & Jones, Andrew & O'Hare, Michael & Plevin, Richard & Kammen, Daniel, 2009. "Global Land Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Impacts of U.S. Maize Ethanol: The Role of Market-Mediated Responses," GTAP Working Papers 3160, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Douglas J. Miller, 1999. "An Econometric Analysis of the Costs of Sequestering Carbon in Forests," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 812-824.
- Ottmar Edenhofer , Brigitte Knopf, Terry Barker, Lavinia Baumstark, Elie Bellevrat, Bertrand Chateau, Patrick Criqui, Morna Isaac, Alban Kitous, Socrates Kypreos, Marian Leimbach, Kai Lessmann, Bertra, 2010.
"The Economics of Low Stabilization: Model Comparison of Mitigation Strategies and Costs,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I).
- Ottmar Edenhofer & Brigitte Knopf & Terry Barker & Lavinia Baumstark & Elie Bellevrat & Bertrand Chateau & Patrick Criqui & Morna Isaac & Alban Kitous & Socrates Kypreos & Marian Leimbach & Kai Lessma, 2010. "The economics of low stabilization: Model comparison of mitigation strategies and costs," Post-Print halshs-00450290, HAL.
- Brent Sohngen & Robert Mendelsohn & Roger Sedjo, 1999. "Forest Management, Conservation, and Global Timber Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 1-13.
- Alice Favero & Robert Mendelsohn, 2014. "Using Markets for Woody Biomass Energy to Sequester Carbon in Forests," Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(1), pages 75-95.
- Valentina Bosetti & Emanuele Massetti & Massimo Tavoni, 2007.
"The WITCH Model. Structure, Baseline, Solutions,"
2007.10, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bosetti, Valentina & Massetti, Emanuele & Tavoni, Massimo, 2007. "The WITCH Model. Structure, Baseline, Solutions," Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers 12064, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Sohngen, Brent & Brown, Sandra, 2006. "The influence of conversion of forest types on carbon sequestration and other ecosystem services in the South Central United States," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 698-708, June.
- G. Cornelis van Kooten & Clark S. Binkley & Gregg Delcourt, 1995. "Effect of Carbon Taxes and Subsidies on Optimal Forest Rotation Age and Supply of Carbon Services," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(2), pages 365-374.
- Kim, Yoon Hyung & Sohngen, Brent & Golub, Alla A. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Rose, Steven K., 2010. "Impact Of Us And European Biofuel Policies On Forest Carbon," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61456, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Withey, Patrick & Johnston, Craig & Guo, Jinggang, 2019. "Quantifying the global warming potential of carbon dioxide emissions from bioenergy with carbon capture and storage," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
More about this item
KeywordsClimate Change; Woody Biomass; Carbon Sequestration; BECCS; Forestry; Carbon Mitigation; Integrated Assessment Model;
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-03-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2016-03-29 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2016-03-29 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2016.09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask barbara racah to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.