Measuring Vulnerability to Food Insecurity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ugo Gentilini & Patrick Webb, 2005.
"How Are We Doing on Poverty and Hunger Reduction?: A New Measure of Country-Level Progress,"
Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition
31, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Ugo Gentilini, 2006. "How are We doing on Poverty and Hunger Reduction? A New Measyre of Country-Level Progress," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0068, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1988. "Expected Poverty under Risk-Induced Welfare Variability," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1171-1182, December.
- Fattouh, Bassam & Scaramozzino, Pasquale & Harris, Laurence, 2005.
"Capital structure in South Korea: a quantile regression approach,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 231-250, February.
- Fattouh, Bassam & Pasquale Scaramozzino & Laurence Hariss, 2002. "Capital structure in South Korea: A Quantile Regression Approach," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 70, Royal Economic Society.
- Bassam Fattouh & Laurence Harris & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2003. "Capital Structure in South Korea: A Quantile Regression Approach," CEIS Research Paper 40, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Sen, Amartya, 1988. "The concept of development," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 9-26 Elsevier.
- Raghav Gaiha & Katsushi Imai, 2004.
"Vulnerability, shocks and persistence of poverty: estimates for semi-arid rural South India,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 261-281.
- Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha, 2002. "Vulnerability, Shocks and Persistence of Poverty - Estimates for Semi-Arid Rural South India," Economics Series Working Papers 128, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Imai, Katsushi & Raghav Gaiha, 2003. "Vulnerability, Shocks and Persistence of Poverty - Estimates for Semi-Arid Rural South India," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 111, Royal Economic Society.
- Glewwe, Paul & Hall, Gillette, 1998. "Are some groups more vulnerable to macroeconomic shocks than others? Hypothesis tests based on panel data from Peru," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 181-206, June.
- Buchinsky, Moshe, 1995. "Estimating the asymptotic covariance matrix for quantile regression models a Monte Carlo study," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 303-338, August.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000. "Vulnerability, seasonality and poverty in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 25-53.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2009.
"Vulnerability to Poverty in select Central Asian Countries,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 6(1), pages 17-50, June.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2008. "Vulnerability to poverty in select Central Asian Countries," Departmental Working Papers 2008-10, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Raghbendra JHA & Tu DANG & Krishna Lal SHARMA, 2009. "Vulnerability to poverty in Fiji," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Edeh, Hyacinth Onuorah & Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 2014. "Determinants of Change and Household Responses to Food Insecurity: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 169750, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Bashir, Muhammad Khalid & Schilizzi, Steven, 2012. "Measuring food security: Definitional sensitivity and implications," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124227, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2008. "Vulnerability to poverty in Papua New Guinea," Departmental Working Papers 2008-08, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2012.
"Education and the Vulnerability to Food Inadequacy in Timor-Leste,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 341-357, January.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2010. "Education and the Vulnerability to Food Inadequacy in Timor-Leste," Departmental Working Papers 2010-04, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- John Kamau Gathiaka & Moses Kinyanjui Muriithi, 2017. "An Empirical Analysis of Livelihood Strategies and Food Insecurity in Turkana County, Kenya," Research Papers RP_338, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang & Yusuf Tashrifov, 2010. "Economic vulnerability and poverty in Tajikistan," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 95-112, May.
- Dabalen, Andrew L. & Paul, Saumik, 2014. "Effect of Conflict on Dietary Diversity: Evidence from Côte d’Ivoire," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 143-158.
- Andrew L. Dabalen & Saumik Paul, "undated".
"Effect of Conflict on Dietary Energy Supply: Evidence from Cote d'Ivoire,"
12/09, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Saumik Paul & Andrew L. Dabalen, 2013. "Effect of Conflict on Dietary Energy Supply: Evidence from Cote d’Ivoire," HiCN Working Papers 156, Households in Conflict Network.
More about this item
KeywordsFood security; poverty; vulnerability; risk management; livelihoods; value-at-risk.;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fao:wpaper:0612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Anríquez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faoooit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.