Measuring Vulnerability to Food Insecurity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ugo Gentilini & Patrick Webb, 2005.
"How Are We Doing on Poverty and Hunger Reduction?: A New Measure of Country-Level Progress,"
Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition
31, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Ugo Gentilini, 2006. "How are We doing on Poverty and Hunger Reduction? A New Measyre of Country-Level Progress," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0068, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Sen, Amartya, 1988. "The concept of development," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 9-26 Elsevier.
- Fattouh, Bassam & Scaramozzino, Pasquale & Harris, Laurence, 2005.
"Capital structure in South Korea: a quantile regression approach,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 231-250.
- Fattouh, Bassam & Pasquale Scaramozzino & Laurence Hariss, 2002. "Capital structure in South Korea: A Quantile Regression Approach," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 70, Royal Economic Society.
- Bassam Fattouh & Laurence Harris & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2003. "Capital Structure in South Korea: A Quantile Regression Approach," CEIS Research Paper 40, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Raghav Gaiha & Katsushi Imai, 2004.
"Vulnerability, shocks and persistence of poverty: estimates for semi-arid rural South India,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 261-281.
- Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha, 2002. "Vulnerability, Shocks and Persistence of Poverty - Estimates for Semi-Arid Rural South India," Economics Series Working Papers 128, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Imai, Katsushi & Raghav Gaiha, 2003. "Vulnerability, Shocks and Persistence of Poverty - Estimates for Semi-Arid Rural South India," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 111, Royal Economic Society.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1988. "Expected Poverty under Risk-Induced Welfare Variability," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1171-1182, December.
- Glewwe, Paul & Hall, Gillette, 1998. "Are some groups more vulnerable to macroeconomic shocks than others? Hypothesis tests based on panel data from Peru," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 181-206, June.
- Buchinsky, Moshe, 1995. "Estimating the asymptotic covariance matrix for quantile regression models a Monte Carlo study," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 303-338, August.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000. "Vulnerability, seasonality and poverty in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 25-53.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2009.
"Vulnerability to Poverty in select Central Asian Countries,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 6(1), pages 17-50, June.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2008. "Vulnerability to poverty in select Central Asian Countries," Departmental Working Papers 2008-10, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Raghbendra JHA & Tu DANG & Krishna Lal SHARMA, 2009. "Vulnerability to poverty in Fiji," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Edeh, Hyacinth Onuorah & Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 2014. "Determinants of Change and Household Responses to Food Insecurity: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 169750, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Bashir, Muhammad Khalid & Schilizzi, Steven, 2012. "Measuring food security: Definitional sensitivity and implications," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124227, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2008. "Vulnerability to poverty in Papua New Guinea," Departmental Working Papers 2008-08, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- John Kamau Gathiaka & Moses Kinyanjui Muriithi, 2017. "An Empirical Analysis of Livelihood Strategies and Food Insecurity in Turkana County, Kenya," Research Papers RP_338, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang & Yusuf Tashrifov, 2010. "Economic vulnerability and poverty in Tajikistan," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 95-112, May.
- Dabalen, Andrew L. & Paul, Saumik, 2014. "Effect of Conflict on Dietary Diversity: Evidence from Côte d’Ivoire," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 143-158.
- Andrew L. Dabalen & Saumik Paul, "undated".
"Effect of Conflict on Dietary Energy Supply: Evidence from Cote d'Ivoire,"
12/09, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Saumik Paul & Andrew L. Dabalen, 2013. "Effect of Conflict on Dietary Energy Supply: Evidence from Cote d’Ivoire," HiCN Working Papers 156, Households in Conflict Network.
More about this item
KeywordsFood security; poverty; vulnerability; risk management; livelihoods; value-at-risk.;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fao:wpaper:0612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Anríquez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faoooit.html .