Moving Away from Poverty: A spatial analysis of poverty and migration in Albania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlo Azzarri & Gero Carletto & Benjamin Davis & Alberto Zezza, 2006.
"Monitoring Poverty Without Consumption Data : An Application Using the Albania Panel Survey,"
Eastern European Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 59-82, February.
- Carlo Azzarri & Gero Carletto & Benjamin Davis & Alberto Zezza, 2005. "Monitoring Poverty without Consumption Data: An application using the Albania panel survey," Working Papers 05-01, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2002.
"What Fundamentals Drive World Migration?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3559, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Hatton & Jeffery Williamson, 2002. "What Fundamentals Drive World Migration?," CEPR Discussion Papers 458, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 2003. "What Fundamentals Drive World Migration?," WIDER Working Paper Series 023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Timothy J. Hatton & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2002. "What Fundamentals Drive World Migration?," NBER Working Papers 9159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clark, Ximena & Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 2004. "What Explains Emigration Out of Latin America?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1871-1890, November.
- Gero Carletto & Benjamin Davis & Marco Stampini & Stefano Trento & Alberto Zezza, 2004. "Internal Mobility and International Migration in Albania," Working Papers 04-13, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Daniel Chiquiar & Gordon H. Hanson, 2005.
"International Migration, Self-Selection, and the Distribution of Wages: Evidence from Mexico and the United States,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 239-281, April.
- Daniel Chiquiar & Gordon H. Hanson, 2002. "International Migration, Self-Selection, and the Distribution of Wages: Evidence from Mexico and the United States," NBER Working Papers 9242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mckenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007.
"Network effects and the dynamics of migration and inequality: Theory and evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 1-24, September.
- David Mckenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Network Effects and the Dynamics of Migration and Inequality: Theory and Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2004-3, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Gero Carletto & Benjamin Davis & Marco Stampini, 2005. "Familiar Faces, Familiar Places: The role of family networks and previous experience for Albanian migrants," Working Papers 05-03, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Faini, Riccardo & Venturini, Alessandra, 1993. "Trade, aid and migrations: Some basic policy issues," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 435-442, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anna Iara, 2009. "The Effect of Work Migration on Domestic Labour Supply in Albania," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 76, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Mendola, Mariapia & Carletto, Calogero, 2012. "Migration and gender differences in the home labour market: Evidence from Albania," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 870-880.
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "Modest expectations: Causes and effects of migration on migrant households in source countries," MPRA Paper 29507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mathias Lerch, 2014. "The Role of Migration in the Urban Transition: A Demonstration From Albania," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(4), pages 1527-1550, August.
- Adriana Castaldo & Barry Reilly, 2007. "Do Migrant Remittances Affect the Consumption Patterns of Albanian Households?," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 5(1), pages 25-44.
- Sikor, Thomas & Müller, Daniel & Stahl, Johannes, 2009. "Land Fragmentation and Cropland Abandonment in Albania: Implications for the Roles of State and Community in Post-Socialist Land Consolidation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1411-1423, August.
- Tomini, Florian & Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "How has internal migration in Albania affected the receipt of transfers from family and friends?," MPRA Paper 29478, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Migration; Albania.;
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2006-03-25 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-GEO-2006-03-25 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TRA-2006-03-25 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-03-25 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fao:wpaper:0502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Anríquez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faoooit.html .