Merchants of Doubt: Corporate Political Influence when Expert Credibility is Uncertain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline & Thomas P. Lyon, 2016. "Merchants of Doubt: Corporate Political Influence when Expert Credibility is Uncertain," CESifo Working Paper Series 6165, CESifo.
References listed on IDEAS
- Magali A. Delmas & Maria J. Montes‐Sancho, 2010. "Voluntary agreements to improve environmental quality: symbolic and substantive cooperation," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(6), pages 575-601, June.
- Matthias Dahm & Nicolás Porteiro, 2008.
"Informational lobbying under the shadow of political pressure,"
Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 30(4), pages 531-559, May.
- Matthias Dahm & Nicolas Porteiro, 2005. "Informational Lobbying under the Shadow of Political Pressure," Discussion Papers 1409, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Matthias Dahm & Nicolás Porteiro, 2006. "Informational Lobbying under the Shadow of Political Pressure," Working Papers 06.14, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Charles Cho & Martin Martens & Hakkyun Kim & Michelle Rodrigue, 2011. "Astroturfing Global Warming: It Isn’t Always Greener on the Other Side of the Fence," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(4), pages 571-587, December.
- Maxwell, John W & Lyon, Thomas P & Hackett, Steven C, 2000.
"Self-Regulation and Social Welfare: The Political Economy of Corporate Environmentalism,"
Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 583-617, October.
- John W. Maxwell & Thomas P Lyon & Steven C.. Hackett, 1995. "Self-Regulation and Social Welfare: The Political Economy of Corporate Environmentalism," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 122, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Martimort, David & Semenov, Aggey, 2008. "Ideological uncertainty and lobbying competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 456-481, April.
- Daniel Stedman Jones, 2014. "Masters of the Universe: Hayek, Friedman, and the Birth of Neoliberal Politics," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10240.
- McCubbins, Mathew D & Noll, Roger G & Weingast, Barry R, 1987. "Administrative Procedures as Instruments of Political Control," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 243-277, Fall.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2004.
"Astroturf: Interest Group Lobbying and Corporate Strategy,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 561-597, December.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2004. "Astroturf: Interest Group Lobbying and Corporate Strategy," Working Papers 2004-18, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Bennedsen, Morten & Feldmann, Sven E., 2006.
"Informational lobbying and political contributions,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 631-656, May.
- Morten Bennedsen & Sven E. Feldmann, 2000. "Informational Lobbying and Political Contributions," CIE Discussion Papers 2000-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Bennedsen, Morten & Feldmann, Sven E., 2000. "Informational Lobbying And Political Contributions," Working Papers 08-2000, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Anne Binderkrantz, 2005. "Interest Group Strategies: Navigating Between Privileged Access and Strategies of Pressure," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 53, pages 694-715, December.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2011.
"Greenwash: Corporate Environmental Disclosure under Threat of Audit,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 3-41, March.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2006. "Greenwash: Corporate Environmental Disclosure under Threat of Audit," Working Papers 2006-07, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Miceli, Thomas J., 1998. "Voluntary Environmental Agreements: Good or Bad News for Environmental Protection?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 109-130, September.
- Amihai Glazer & Henry McMillan, 1992. "Pricing by the Firm Under Regulatory Threat," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 1089-1099.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Julien Daubanes & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2019.
"The Rise of NGO Activism,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 183-212, November.
- Julien Daubanes & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2016. "The Rise of NGO Activism," CESifo Working Paper Series 5891, CESifo.
- Julien Daubanes & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2017. "The Rise of NGO Activism," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 17-40, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Julien Daubanes & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2016. "The Rise of NGO Activism," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/244, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Julien Daubanes & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2019. "The Rise of NGO Activism," Working Papers 2019.01, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Fabien Prieur & Benteng Zou, 2017. "On the impact of indirect competition for political influence on environmental policy," CREA Discussion Paper Series 17-16, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Prieur, Fabien & Zou, Benteng, 2018.
"Climate politics: How public persuasion affects the trade-off between environmental and economic performance,"
Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 63-72.
- Fabien Prieur & Benteng Zou, 2018. "Climate politics: How public persuasion affects the trade-off between environmental and economic performance," Post-Print hal-01899673, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsNGOs; Public Politics; Lobbying;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-POL-2016-11-20 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fae:wpaper:2016.28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faereea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.