User financing in a national payments for environmental services program: Costa Rican hydropower
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Blackman, Allen & Woodward, Richard T., 2009. "User Financing in a National Payments for Environmental Services Program: Costa Rican Hydropower," Discussion Papers dp-09-04, Resources For the Future.
- Blackman, Allen & Woodward, Richard T., 2009. "User Financing in a National Payments for Environmental Services Program: Costa Rican Hydropower," Discussion Papers dp-09-03-efd, Resources For the Future.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano & Wunder, Sven, 2008. "Designing payments for environmental services in theory and practice: An overview of the issues," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 663-674.
- Rabin, Matthew, 1994.
"Cognitive dissonance and social change,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, pages 177-194.
- Matthew Rabin., 1991. "Cognitive Dissonance and Social Change," Economics Working Papers 91-180, University of California at Berkeley.
- Rabin, Mathew, 1991. "Cognitive Dissonance and Social Change," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt37b169jt, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Muñoz-Piña, Carlos & Guevara, Alejandro & Torres, Juan Manuel & Braña, Josefina, 2008. "Paying for the hydrological services of Mexico's forests: Analysis, negotiations and results," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 725-736.
- Akerlof, George A & Dickens, William T, 1982. "The Economic Consequences of Cognitive Dissonance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 307-319.
- Maxwell, John W & Lyon, Thomas P & Hackett, Steven C, 2000.
"Self-Regulation and Social Welfare: The Political Economy of Corporate Environmentalism,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 583-617, October.
- John W. Maxwell & Thomas P Lyon & Steven C.. Hackett, 1995. "Self-Regulation and Social Welfare: The Political Economy of Corporate Environmentalism," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 122, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Sierra, Rodrigo & Russman, Eric, 2006. "On the efficiency of environmental service payments: A forest conservation assessment in the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 131-141.
- Delmas Magali & Marcus Alfred, 2004.
"Firms' Choice of Regulatory Instruments to Reduce Pollution: A Transaction Cost Approach,"
Business and Politics,
De Gruyter, pages 1-22.
- Delmas, Magali & Marcus, Alfred, 2004. "Firms' Choice of Regulatory Instruments to Reduce Pollution: A Transaction Cost Approach," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 1-20, December.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L., 1992. "Valuing public goods: The purchase of moral satisfaction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 57-70.
- Decker, Christopher S, 2003. "Corporate Environmentalism and Environmental Statutory Permitting," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 103-129, April.
- Kotchen, Matthew J. & Moore, Michael R., 2007. "Private provision of environmental public goods: Household participation in green-electricity programs," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 1-16.
- Blackman, Allen & Bannister, Geoffrey J., 1998. "Community Pressure and Clean Technology in the Informal Sector: An Econometric Analysis of the Adoption of Propane by Traditional Mexican Brickmakers," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 1-21.
- Wünscher, Tobias & Engel, Stefanie & Wunder, Sven, 2008. "Spatial targeting of payments for environmental services: A tool for boosting conservation benefits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 822-833.
- Nunes, Paulo A. L. D. & Schokkaert, Erik, 2003. "Identifying the warm glow effect in contingent valuation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 231-245.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2011.
"Greenwash: Corporate Environmental Disclosure under Threat of Audit,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 3-41, March.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2006. "Greenwash: Corporate Environmental Disclosure under Threat of Audit," Working Papers 2006-07, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Miceli, Thomas J., 1998.
"Voluntary Environmental Agreements: Good or Bad News for Environmental Protection?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, pages 109-130.
- Rollins, Kimberly & Lyke, Audrey, 1997. "The Case For Diminishing Marginal Existence Values," Working Papers 244747, University of Guelph, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Blackman, Allen & Mazurek, Janice, 1999. "The Cost of Developing Site-Specific Environmental Regulations: Evidence from EPA's Project XL," Discussion Papers dp-99-35-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Pagiola, Stefano, 2008. "Payments for environmental services in Costa Rica," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 712-724.
- Turpie, J.K. & Marais, C. & Blignaut, J.N., 2008. "The working for water programme: Evolution of a payments for ecosystem services mechanism that addresses both poverty and ecosystem service delivery in South Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 788-798.
- Marchamalo, M. & Romero, C., 2007.
"Participatory decision-making in land use planning: An application in Costa Rica,"
Elsevier, pages 740-748.
- Jerome Ballet & Damien Bazin & Abraham Lioui & David Touahri, 2006. "Green Taxation and Individual Responsibility," CAE Working Papers 49, Aix-Marseille Université, CERGAM.
- Jérôme Ballet & Abraham Lioui & Damien Bazin & David Touahri, 2007. "Green taxation and individual responsibility," Post-Print halshs-00548981, HAL.
- Damien Bazin & Jérôme Ballet & Abraham Lioui & David Touahri, 2007. "Green Taxation and Individual Responsibility," Post-Print halshs-00727454, HAL.
- Robalino, Juan & Pfaff, Alexander & Sanchez-Azofefia, G. Arturo & Alpizar, Francisco & Leon, Carlos & Rodriguez, Carlos Manuel, 2008. "Deforestation Impacts of Environmental Services Payments: Costa Rica’s PSA Program 2000–2005," Discussion Papers dp-08-24-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Michael R. Moore, 2004. "Private Provision of Environmental Public Goods: Household Participation in Green-Electricity Programs," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-07, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Wunder, Sven & Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano, 2008. "Taking stock: A comparative analysis of payments for environmental services programs in developed and developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 834-852.
- J Videras & A Alberini, 2000. "The appeal of voluntary environmental programs: which firms participate and why?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(4), pages 449-460, October.
- Vidovic, Martina & Khanna, Neha, 2007.
"Can voluntary pollution prevention programs fulfill their promises? Further evidence from the EPA's 33/50 Program,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, pages 180-195.
- Timothy K.M. Beatty & Jay P. Shimshack & Michael B. Ward, 2005. "Are Mercury Advisories Effective? Information, Education, and Fish Consumption," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0502, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Shimshack, Jay P. & Ward, Michael B. & Beatty, Timothy K.M., 2007. "Mercury advisories: Information, education, and fish consumption," MPRA Paper 25995, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miriam Miranda & Carel Dieperink & Pieter Glasbergen, 2007. "Voluntary Agreements In Watershed Protection Experiences From Costa Rica," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, pages 1-19.
- Kosoy, Nicolas & Martinez-Tuna, Miguel & Muradian, Roldan & Martinez-Alier, Joan, 2007. "Payments for environmental services in watersheds: Insights from a comparative study of three cases in Central America," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 446-455.
- Menz, Fredric C., 2005. "Green electricity policies in the United States: case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, pages 2398-2410.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amrish Patel & Edward Cartwright, 2012.
"Naïve Beliefs and the Multiplicity of Social Norms,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, pages 280-289.
- Coria, Jessica & Calfucura, Enrique, 2011. "Ecotourism and the Development of Indigenous Communities: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," Working Papers in Economics 489, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Lewis, Kate & Porras, Ina & Miranda, Miriam & Barton, David & Chacon, Adriana, 2012.
"De Rio a Rio+ Lecciones de 20 años de experiencia en servicios ambientales en Costa Rica
[From Rio to Rio + Lessons from 20 years of experience in environmental services in Costa Rica]," MPRA Paper 43649, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Van Hecken, Gert & Bastiaensen, Johan & Windey, Catherine, 2015. "The frontiers of the debate on Payments for Ecosystem Services: a proposal for innovative future research," IOB Discussion Papers 2015.05, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Dale Whittington & Stefano Pagiola, 2012.
"Using Contingent Valuation in the Design of Payments for Environmental Services Mechanisms: A Review and Assessment,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 27(2), pages 261-287, August.
- Whittington, Dale & Pagiola, Stefano, 2011. "Using contingent valuation in the design of payments for environmental services mechanisms: a review and assessment," MPRA Paper 32730, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Coria, Jessica & Calfucura, Enrique, 2012.
"Ecotourism and the development of indigenous communities: The good, the bad, and the ugly,"
Elsevier, pages 47-55.
- Philippe Delacote & Claire Montagné-Huck, 2012. "Political consumerism and public policy: good complements against market failures?," Post-Print hal-01000744, HAL.
- Vatn, Arild, 2015. "Markets in environmental governance. From theory to practice," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 225-233.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:36-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:195-213 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van Hecken, Gert & Bastiaensen, Johan & Vásquez, William F., 2012. "The viability of local payments for watershed services: Empirical evidence from Matiguás, Nicaragua," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 169-176.
- Rodrigo A. Arriagada, & Paul J. Ferraro & Erin O. Sills & Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & Silvia Cordero-Sancho, 2012. "Do Payments for Environmental Services Affect Forest Cover? A Farm-Level Evaluation from Costa Rica," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 382-399.
- Ina, Porras & Bruce, Alyward & Jeff, Dengel, 2013. "Monitoring payments for watershed services schemes in developing countries," MPRA Paper 47185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPayments for environmental services Voluntary regulation Hydroelectricity Costa Rica;
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:69:y:2010:i:8:p:1626-1638. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.