Primary School Teachers: The Twists and Turns of Everyday Practice
The paper examines the role played by of classroom environment in the development of a teacher. The paper studies the concept of 'teacher development' in India. URL:[http://www.eruindia.org/files/Teacher%20booklet%20edited%20final%2028%20Oct%2008.pdf].
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dyer, Caroline & Choksi, Archana & Awasty, Vinita & Iyer, Uma & Moyade, Renu & Nigam, Neerja & Purohit, Neetu & Shah, Swati & Sheth, Swati, 2004. "District Institutes of Education and Training: A Comparative Study in Three Indian States," Education Research Papers 12847, Department for International Development (DFID) (UK).
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Jeffrey Hammer & Michael Kremer & Karthik Muralidharan & F. Halsey Rogers, 2006. "Missing in Action: Teacher and Health Worker Absence in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 91-116, Winter.
- Kaushik Basu, 2006.
"Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives,"
- Basu, Kaushik, 2006. "Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives," Working Papers 06-03, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Mehrotra, S. & Buckland, P., 1998. "Managing Teacher Costs for Access and Quality," Papers 98-004, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Jean Dreze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999.
"School participation in rural India,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6666, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean Dreze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999. "School Participation in Rural India," Working papers 69, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Jean Drèze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999. "School Participation in Rural India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 18, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:4303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.