Primary School Teachers: The Twists and Turns of Everyday Practice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Jeffrey Hammer & Michael Kremer & Karthik Muralidharan & F. Halsey Rogers, 2006. "Missing in Action: Teacher and Health Worker Absence in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 91-116, Winter.
- Jean Dreze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999.
"School Participation in Rural India,"
69, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Jean Drèze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999. "School Participation in Rural India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 18, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Dreze, Jean & Gandhi Kingdon, Geeta, 1999. "School participation in rural India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6666, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mehrotra, S. & Buckland, P., 1998. "Managing Teacher Costs for Access and Quality," Papers 98-004, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Dyer, Caroline & Choksi, Archana & Awasty, Vinita & Iyer, Uma & Moyade, Renu & Nigam, Neerja & Purohit, Neetu & Shah, Swati & Sheth, Swati, 2004. "District Institutes of Education and Training: A Comparative Study in Three Indian States," Education Research Papers 12847, Department for International Development (DFID) (UK).
- Kaushik Basu, 2006.
"Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives,"
- Basu, Kaushik, 2006. "Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives," Working Papers 06-03, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28618 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fagernäs, Sonja & Pelkonen, Panu, 2017. "Where's the Teacher? How Teacher Workplace Segregation Impedes Teacher Allocation in India," IZA Discussion Papers 10595, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Toppo, Mary Rajnee & Manjhi, Ganesh, 2011. "Burnout among para-teachers in India," MPRA Paper 43507, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Dec 2012.
More about this item
Keywordsprimary teacher training; children; school; teacher development; India; professional development; teaching; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; west bengal; rajasthan; Maharashtra; teacher union leaders; education; teachers; work; formal policy; measures; promotions; local politicians;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:4303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.