Primary School Teachers: The Twists and Turns of Everyday Practice
The paper examines the role played by of classroom environment in the development of a teacher. The paper studies the concept of 'teacher development' in India. URL:[http://www.eruindia.org/files/Teacher%20booklet%20edited%20final%2028%20Oct%2008.pdf].
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geeta G. Kingdon & Francis Teal, 2002.
"Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2002-06, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi & Teal, Francis, 2007. "Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 473-486, August.
- Francis Teal & Geeta Kingdon, 2005. "Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-014, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Geeta Kingdon & Francis Teal, 2004. "Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India," Development and Comp Systems 0409009, EconWPA.
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Jeffrey Hammer & Michael Kremer & Karthik Muralidharan & F. Halsey Rogers, 2006. "Missing in Action: Teacher and Health Worker Absence in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 91-116, Winter.
- Lewin, Keith M. & Stuart, Janet S., 2003. "Researching Teacher Education: New Perspectives on Practice, Performance, and Policy, Multi-Site Teacher Education Research Project (MUSTER), Synthesis Report," Education Research Papers 12882, Department for International Development (DFID) (UK).
- Dreze, Jean & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi, 2001.
"School Participation in Rural India,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Jean Drèze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999. "School Participation in Rural India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 18, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Jean Dreze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999. "School Participation in Rural India," Working papers 69, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2006.
"Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives,"
06-03, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Kaushik Basu, 2006. "Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives," Working Papers id:766, eSocialSciences.
- Dyer, Caroline & Choksi, Archana & Awasty, Vinita & Iyer, Uma & Moyade, Renu & Nigam, Neerja & Purohit, Neetu & Shah, Swati & Sheth, Swati, 2004. "District Institutes of Education and Training: A Comparative Study in Three Indian States," Education Research Papers 12847, Department for International Development (DFID) (UK).
- Jean Dreze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999. "School participation in rural India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6666, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michael Kremer & Nazmul Chaudhury & F. Halsey Rogers & Karthik Muralidharan & Jeffrey Hammer, 2005. "Teacher Absence in India: A Snapshot," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 658-667, 04/05.
- Mehrotra, S. & Buckland, P., 1998. "Managing Teacher Costs for Access and Quality," Papers 98-004, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Dan D. Goldhaber & Dominic J. Brewer, 1997. "Why Don't Schools and Teachers Seem to Matter? Assessing the Impact of Unobservables on Educational Productivity," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(3), pages 505-523.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:4303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.